Wifezilla's Rampage - Weekend Update w/ pics

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I told myself I wasn't going to do a journal because I already have two blogs and anything important I had to say could go there. Well I never seem to get around to nearly as many blog posts as I thought I would and there is a lot of little stuff that goes on that isn't really blog-worthy.... So I am giving in and starting a journal.

No I am not going to do that long silly intro quiz. Instead I will list my own silly stuff that may help people understand what is what. here goes!!!

I am the oldest of three kids.
Parents divorced when I was a teen.
Born in Cudahy, WI
Raised in Wausau, WI
Party animal as a teen and young adult
Moved to Colorado at 19
First fell in love with Colorado when I was 11. Came out here as part of a drum and bugle corps competition. While a corps member, I play french horn, bass drum, and baritone. I also played violin at one point. Can't remember how to play any of them now :p
Went to college to study computer science. Hated it with a passion. Switched to solar engineering. Didn't get my degree because I was in a car accident and a bad relationship.
Met my husband while working at a pizza restaurant and he was still in the army.
Got married after knowing each other only a few months and we are about to celebrate our 25th anniversary.....AND we still like each other!
Have 2 sons, Calvin (22, in the army, just finished a year in Iraq, but is now back at Ft. Riley) and Max (21, still lives at home, low functioning autistic so he will be with us forever).
We have a small house in the burbs in between Colorado Springs and Fountain, CO. Wish we had more land, but it is fun seeing what I can do in a small space.
We have 3 cats, Cookie, Xena and Zeus. Xena and Zeus technically belong to Calvin, but they live with us until he gets out of the army. Cookie is older than dirt and we have to poke her every day to make sure she is still alive. If she makes it through the summer, she will be 22 in September.
I like hard rock music but also like to blast obnoxious pop music, blues and even have disco days. I HATE country music, opera and jazz.
I like to read even though I never seem to have time to do it. Favorite authors include Douglas Adams, David Brin, Brent Weeks and David Eddings

Wifezilla

Reaction score
I finally went back to school when the boys were babies and got a degree in graphic design.
Hubby and I own a small copy and print shop.
I raise ducks and quail.
Hubby and I are both news junkies.
I am a gamer, but since I never have time to play anymore I might have to give up that title. Diablo, star craft, Mario cart, pikmin...love Em!!
I am an avid crafter. Loom knitting, some sewing, collage art, illustration, etc...
I like gardening even though the garden is under constant assault by evil squirrels from hell.
Politically I am libertarian. Socially liberal, fiscally very conservative, very small gvnmt type.
hobbies include photography, cooking, and being a nerd.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
You go girl! :woot !!!!!!!!!! Glad to see you started a journal! :D

Wifezilla

Reaction score
:)

Today's weirdness....
I have 6 baby quail in a cage in the kitchen. Since I can only get 22% protein game bird feed (30% is best), I am giving them chopped hard boiled duck eggs to boost protein levels.

So I was cleaning the cage and the egg dish was empty. One of the quail stood on the edge of the bowl, looked at me intently, then tapped the empty bowl, then cocked its head and stared at me.

I think that was a hint! :gig

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
:)

Today's weirdness....
I have 6 baby quail in a cage in the kitchen. Since I can only get 22% protein game bird feed (30% is best), I am giving them chopped hard boiled duck eggs to boost protein levels.

So I was cleaning the cage and the egg dish was empty. One of the quail stood on the edge of the bowl, looked at me intently, then tapped the empty bowl, then cocked its head and stared at me.

I think that was a hint! :gig
:gig Thats one smart little bird!! And, I bet you obliged! :gig
Glad to see you started a journal.

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
LOL

I have two dogs and it is one of DD chores to feed them. She fell behind and their bowl was empty. Lady, my beagle, walked over to it, sniffed it, looked at it and then turned her eyes to me. I could have sworn she was saying something along the lines of "Are you kidding me? What's going on here?"

Glad you started a journal.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
I told myself I wasn't going to do a journal because I already have two blogs and anything important I had to say could go there. Well I never seem to get around to nearly as many blog posts as I thought I would and there is a lot of little stuff that goes on that isn't really blog-worthy.... So I am giving in and starting a journal.
Aaaaaaannndd another one comes over to the dark side ;) :D :lol: :cool:

Looking forward to reading along :)

Wifezilla

Reaction score
See I knew you all would pick on me if I finally started a journal. I must be a glutton for punishment!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
:frow Nice to read more about ya! I miss my quail. They lived in my computer room. We had conversations. It was very lonely in there when the last one died. :hit

Latest posts