Wild DOGS hmmmmm

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
my neighbor knocked at 7 saying 3 dogs in my pasture
he told Tony he couldn't get to a gun cause locked up tight cause he was on vacation and got back a day ago --he has rabbits and wants to shoot them also

Tony takes the gun and in hot pursuit

3 mongrels he said, good sized
1 limping real bad, off the leg, might have been shot or hurt somehow obviously already

Tony didn't find them darn it....off into the deep woods they went behind my pasture...he tried, but nothing. saw another neighbor and said he was wondering if he saw dogs.....he said YES and he killed one and hit another but not sure if it died or not. Musta been the lame dog.

anyway, he said they were holed up in winter behind the old chicken farms sheds in old bldgs. he said his "little dog" has been chased and he was trying to shoot them all when he could.

SO they are here and they are still wandering....UGH but my goats wouldn't even come out of their holding pen this morning....checking the fenceline near the woods where obviously these dogs were this morning and goats are acting super freaky out there.

I gotta get these 3 mutts dead and gone

just rambline lol

Tony off hauling iron to the scraper need some money LOL

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Strays will be hungry. Use hamburger or some other enticement as bait.

S.S.S.

Problem solved. :thumbsup

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
SKR I put out beef liver on hooks
made a trout line and NOT ONE nibble
I can't believe it actually if these 3 mutts are starving and in my pasture -----I did that for 2 weeks straight

UGH

I am thinking baited poison meat near the fenceline where they "seem" to be appearing and disappearing into the woods and whatever eats it, eats it

I don't know LOL not sure what to do but they gotta go without too much damage to other critters

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Don't use the hooks..........just set a pan or two of bait out and hunt over it. I would use a tall deer blind for cover. Be aware of wind direction so they don't sniff you out. Might take a little time but.....it sure would be fun!

woodwzrd

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I was told once to set out a nice big bowl of good old toxic anti-freeze. I guess dogs like the supposed sweet taste and will lap it up and wander off and die in due time.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Please don't poison them. I hope they can be shot. I'm not a fan of slow painful death for any animal.

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
And of course with poison, you have to be aware of anything ELSE that could be unintentionally poisoned. Don't know if you or the neighbors have dogs/cats out there?

My first recourse is usually to grab a gun too. Except for one neighbor up the road has a pet dog that leads other local pets on killing sprees. I scared those dogs, and sent my dog after them, with me following up, but I'd shoot them if I absolutely had to.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
After what happened to your poor gals, I say OFF WITH THEIR HEADS in any way you can!

Ugh, I was hoping this would be the end of it. How if your injured yearling (?) holding up?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
that yearling doe is perfect

9 lives that one has to survive 2 attacks and be chewed up so much

yea I hate the leaving poison out by itself and I am not a fan of slow death either-------ok SKR I see what ya mean about hunt over the meat Tony would love that hunt actually also (lol) the thrill of the chase and these are wild dogs at this point so I think a "true good old" hunt would be best just gotta pick the night to set it up they seem to hit my area in the 4am to 7 am time cause they live in those back woods nearby

any dog, and I warned my neighbors that are very close by, will be shot....well not the 2 neighbors that have those mini mongrels that won't even come up to my ankles stupid mutts are loose though and come in my yard I hate people who "think I love their dog"
I DON'T lol

worse thing is 3 is a pack and apparently 1 was shot so that meant at least 4 and I wonder how many more "were" in that pack that is very dangerous to kids definitely when a "real" pack exists well, heck to us adults also

ugh I hate this having to dispose of anything like this but I am sure working on this problem and will conquer it

thanks all

PS--my goats are basket cases out in the field acting like true prey animals not a moments peace everyone is on guard

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
I forget, Farmerchick, do you have a LGD? If not, it sounds like a good investment to get one!