wind turbines all around...

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I live very close to Port Alma, Ontario, where there are wind turbines going up all around. At last count, i saw 16 just from my patio. They are going up very quickly. Apparently, when they are done, there will be 48 turbines in this wind farm. it is really quite neat to see.

My dh has a highschool friend who was also our neighbour for several years, and he has done very well for himself. His business is doing really well, and he is in and out of china regularly. In his 'spare' time, he has invented and patented a windturbine, for small scale operations, ie. home owners , to use. since we live in a very "windy" area, he has approached us to "try out" his wind turbine, for him. it owuld benefit us, as the turbine would be connected to the grid, but, according to him would easily power our home, barn and shop. We would have to advertise for him,which is not a problem. My dh will be meeting with him on Wednesday to find out more info.

I am really excited about this, and will keep you posted as to how things are developing. One inhibitor obviously would be the price of the turbine, but i guess we will find out Wednesday. Hubby and I have always dreamed of producing our own power, but thought that dream would die when we left the north and moved to SW Ontario, Canada

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Lucky you!!! Try to work out a deal with him about the whole "trying it out", sort of like a prototype testing deal, with subsequent endorsements of the product, if you get to keep it, for say....1/3 the cost...or even free!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
They are fighting them tooth and nail around here....don't want them in these parts. I think they are kind of pretty and I would like one for my personal use, for sure! We have plenty of wind here. :D

coopy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
When we was in Montana and Canada a couple of years ago we say several windturban farms. If that is what they are called.
I would like to have a windturban for my house. Our electric bill isn't low.
Please keep us updated on this. Thanks

greyhorsewoman

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I think 'small scale' windturbines for the homeowner would be awesome. Have wondered why there hasn't been more technology in that direction for a long time. You don't need a 'lot' of wind to make wind turbines work.

Oh, hi, colored egg farmer. Don't blink ... I think there is a wind farm going up in Mehoopany area sometime soon.

Latest posts