Wine vinegar anyone?

Ace

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I have two old bottles of red wine that are tasting a bit sour and I heard somewhere that you can make vinegar from old wine. Does anyone know how it is done?

Ace

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Found a recipe for mother of vinegar!

However, to make mother of vinegar, expose a mixture of one-half vinegar and one-half apple cider to a temperature of 80 degrees for a few days. The thin scum that forms on the surface is mother of vinegar

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
Ace said:
Found a recipe for mother of vinegar!

However, to make mother of vinegar, expose a mixture of one-half vinegar and one-half apple cider to a temperature of 80 degrees for a few days. The thin scum that forms on the surface is mother of vinegar
Seems kinda hard Ace

Ace

Power Conserver
Reaction score
It's actually simple Ticks. You just mix a cup of vinegar and a cup of apple cider then let it sit where it will be at least 80 degrees in tempature and after a few days the film forms. That is mother of vinegar and it can then be added to old wine to make wine vinegar. I also saw it can be added to sugar to make a type of "regular vinegar" but it is not the best tasting. They sugguest adding it to wine for best results.

Ace

Power Conserver
Reaction score
No problem I will let everyone know! I have old wine I just need to buy some cider and also my vinegar crock to place it all in.

Latest posts