Woman marries her dog

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Doesn't surprise me at all. Do you realize how many people refer to their dogs as their children? Say they are "like my children", they are "family"....one lady on BYC said she would rather see a human baby die than a puppy, and I've heard many, MANY people say they would kill anyone who shot their dog. Fur kids, fur baby, grand dog, etc. They compare them to humans all the time, so why not a husband? I see no difference at all.

Pets are definitely an idol in this world and the US worships those idols to the tune of billions of dollars each year. My own sister told my mother~on her 78th birthday, mind you~that her dogs live in her home, mother is merely a visitor, so if she wants to sleep on the couch she has to share it with the dogs. (Mother had been invited to stay the night and was to sleep on the couch...and was expected to share it with the dog).

How many of us give our pets first place in our homes, on the couches, the beds, allow them to be rude to guests, trespass on other people's property to poop, drag us along behind them on a leash, etc.? Pet rule, humans now drool foolishly and lovingly at their feet.

Wouldn't dream of expecting them to live outdoors full time....that's become something thought of as "being cruel" when God gave them fur and designed them for living outdoors. So, God is cruel in His design, we know better and love the dog better than its Creator and so now the dogs and cats all have to live in houses with us. Because God, apparently, is cruel and dumb and we are smarter and more compassionate.

This woman was just honest enough to call a spade a spade and declare her love for her pet and how deeply that truly runs on national TV....but she's not one bit alone. Can't imagine why it even made national news.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Maybe because bestiality is still against the law; and if she married the dog, you just have to wonder...

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
After reading the article, it seems to me that they were all just joking around and the "marriage" was part of the play. It's not like she sent out invitations, bought a wedding cake, hired a minister, rented a ballroom or even went before a judge. It was just on a talk show and she was tlaking about how disheartened be has become about finding a man to have a loving relationship with.

But I agree with @Beekissed , people have lost their minds about their dogs.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just my opinion... but I think the world in general is morally deprived. Much more so than it was say 50 years ago. I don't know what some people want that are constantly trying to undermine morals, but I'm pretty sure I can say... They have no idea what they ask for, because the outcome is not pretty.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I can tell you what they want: If they can make it legal, make it socially acceptable, create legislation that forbids folks from speaking out against it, drag people down to their level, then they have validated their depraved life style. If they can validate their depravity, they feel better about themselves.

But, as for me and my house, we WILL (past present and future) serve the LORD.