Woot! UPDATE and More Questions

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
JRmom said:
BIG congrats on paying off your debts! Yes, spend a little on yourself, you deserve it. However, do you really need to spend money on a "pretty" wedding? What does pretty mean anyway? Not trying to be a downer here, but it seems like you've worked awfully hard to get out of debt, plus save some money... a "pretty" wedding seems like going backwards to me.

Edited to add: This opinion is from an almost-50-year-old who realizes now that the words spoken at your wording between your and your husband are worth more than any frills you have at the wedding. ;)
haha! Pretty wedding wouldn't be over $2K, got the location, tent, rentals, dress, food, decor (not much), photographer, honeymoon night... with a trip to Canada later. I'm cheap and fussy. I'm splurging on dress ($200), bouquet, and photographer (1 hour).

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Got my last smile today. My student loan payment was posted today and I got to see "paid in full" under loan status. God that feels good!

Kala

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
tortoise said:
Got my last smile today. My student loan payment was posted today and I got to see "paid in full" under loan status. God that feels good!
:thumbsup

And I have a feeling you'll be smiling about this for a LONG time!!! :woot