Worm farming?

lengel

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I accidentally created a worm farm of sorts and now I want to preserve it. Basically I had a trash bag of stuff that I had raked out of our dog yard sitting near the fence for most of the summer. We've been doing a bunch of construction this summer and I just forgot about it. Now we're doing cleanup and I went to pick this bag up and found that it was full of fat juicy earthworms and there were a whole bunch more underneath it. Apparently there was a hole in the bottom and a lovely environment for worms was created. The spot is actually really good for any kind of structure or whatever that I would need to build around it to keep them going.

Any ideas?

coopy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
There is a disscussion on this on the garden form. Click on it at the bottom. Click on search and type in worm farming. You will get a couple of posts on it.

lengel

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Thanks. There are quite a few threads on the subject.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
http://www.ciwmb.ca.gov/organics/worms/

A little info there. My mother gave me a book and tape on vermiculture and it was a great read. I'll try to look it up and give you the name.

I, too, wish to create a better environment for the worms, as they can do so much to amend my soil. That is NEXT year's project. I've raised worms before and it was pretty easy, but never got to complete the process into my garden soil.