Woven Feed Bag bags?

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
Having done this before: it isn't that hard. I machine baste before I cut becaus they unravel so fast! but, I baste then cut off the bottom. Baste and cut off the top usually around the logo- I think they add a neat touch to the bags. Baste and cut out a rectangle from the scraps to put into the bottom of the bag. Baste and cut strips from the scraps for handles. Sew it all together and you have a bag!

The basting and sewing multiple rows makes it stronger and less ravelly. They are really strong and outlast just about any other kind of bag.

Jen-pi

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The one I saw, the bag was cut into strips somehow and woven together. Maybe Im imagining it?:idunno

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Be careful sewing the woven plastic on your machine. I killed my old macing sewing a bag. Not sure if it was the tension in the bobbin or just the machines time to croak.. But croak it did.

my sil just rolls the top of the bag and pounds in some grommets. Then uses that white soft rope for handles. The easiest no sew I have seen yet.

good luck.
g

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have a picture somewhere. If your just looking for a bag not trying to re invent the wheel it works great. I use it for shopping, dry cleaning and all kinds of other stuff.

g

Jen-pi

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My family does Christmas presents like this: One hand-made, one thrift shop bought, and one store bought.
I thought it would make a cool hand-made gift.

goldenluver

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
there is a whole thread on BYC about making those bags, complete with detailed instructions