Wow I am stoopid.

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
I went grouse hunting today flushed them all over the place. My dad's friend got one. My dad and him shot at and missed woodcock. So the dog is on point. Up flies a beautiful grouse that pretty much anyshot would hit. I pull up pull the trigger and I forgot to turn the saftey off. :th
I have wanted to shoot a grouse for YEARS. I just blew the perfect chance.

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
But still so much better than the opposite- not having the safty on when it should be.
Just think of that missed grouse making little babies for next year.

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
the simple life said:
Oh man, What a bummer though. Don't beat yourself up over it though, you will get another chance I am sure
Thanks, I am going back out after lunch :) I've still got till December 31st to shoot one.

enjoy the ride said:
But still so much better than the opposite- not having the safty on when it should be.
Just think of that missed grouse making little babies for next year.
More for me to shoot :D

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh the dreaded "I missed for a stoopid" reason story...HA HA....Tony missed a critter for all stoopid reasons out there! LOL

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
the dreaded safety. i was on a road bed late one evening waiting on my ride it was past dark and i had doe estrus on my boot from an earlier drag rag, well im waiting and this buck comes out of no where nose to the ground smelling that pee and running full speed right at me and all i cuold think is hes fixin to have me for dinner...shoot! i lift my 7mm mag and start squeezing and dang near straightend out the trigger.......safety's still on, he finally saw me and went around me but dang it scared me to death. sorry it happend to you at least you werent gonna be a date. :lol:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL f3
good story
deer can be scary.....when there minds are missing..LOL

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Don't feel bad. I've tried to pull the trigger with the safety on more than once. It's better than accidently pulling the trigger with the safety off.

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
Thanks I went for an afternoon hunt, scared one behind me that my god flushed one behind me and my dad shot her, a small hen with a huge fan, and I missed one. But I got a shot :p