YAY! DH got a job!

chipmunk

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
He's actually been working since October, but I didn't want to say anything until he got paid, which happened for the first time yesterday. I am sooooo thankful that he's got a real job for the first time in 8 years.

He's been doing Real Estate since he got laid off twice in 2001, which has barely brought in anything the last 3-4 years. We've been paying bills by borrowing from a home equity loan, or we would have lost the house long ago.

I'm hopeful now that we can pay back the frighteningly huge home equity debt and the rest of the mortgage.

The good thing about all this is that DH has had to ditch his freespending ways and is now pretty much on board with an SS lifestyle and preparedness. He used to belittle or just tolerate my attempts at frugality. Still can't get him to wear socks that I've darned, but that's ok, I can wear them.
:weee

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
That is wonderful news! And now that he's on board with SS stuff makes it twice as sweet!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Hey, Merry ChrismaHannaKwanzaa to you! That's great! :thumbsup

We are just getting out from under two mortgages ourself so I know how it feels. I know he feels good now that he can "bring home the bacon" so to speak.

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
Hey, Merry ChrismaHannaKwanzaa to you! That's great! :thumbsup
I believe the correct pronunciation is Happy RamaHanaKwanzMas (ahem). :lol:

Anyway, great news!