YEA!!! I'm not alone!!!

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My ds boy scout den mother is one of the boyscouts grandmother. At one of the meetings she was talking about how plastic is not good for you. Well after the meeting of course I asked if she had the internet and of COURSE recommended this site. Unfortunately she doen't have internet but uses the computer at the library. We got to talking and we were both surpised to discover that we each knew what the other was talking about. She wants to start some kefir and has found some locally and tasted it. I told her that I was trying to get my family into healthier stuff, but was having a lot of difficulty. I was considering kefir, but wasn't sure how it tasted. We talked about fermented foods too. I am really excited. I think it will be a lot easier to get into doing healthier stuff, fermenting and such when I am not alone trying to figure it out for myself. Plus she will tell dh I'm right and he'd better listen! It will sound better not coming from me.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
That is a wonderful thing! To have someone local with which to share ideas is priceless and I wish I had the same. :thumbsup

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Not alone here,..SS types are EVERYWHERE here. Maybe it is because they have to be??? I don't know,...but I do know what you are saying. It is so nice to find like-minded people close to you. I love to find other chicken folks! I get to talking chicken talk,..DH rolls his eyes and keeps on walking,..:gig

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
That is so nice for you. Fortunately it is easy for me, due to where I live. But it is still nice to know specific individuals who feel the same as I do.

I am happy for you.

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Lucky you!!! Everyone around me thinks I'm a total nut job, but of course they sure don't mind eating my food!!!

Latest posts