You know you have too many flowers when.....

rd200

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You are franticly running around the house at 10:45 pm looking for sheets, pillow cases, blankets, anything to cover your flowers when there is a freeze warning out for tonight!!! I even ripped the blanket off my sleeping hubby on the couch and said... Sorry hun, the flowers need it more than you!!! :lol: Im pretty sure i have every single sheet outside covering myplants right now. Ive worked too hard and too long for the stupid frost to kill them. Its taken me 3 years to get the whole front flower bed looking perfect, and im not going to let it freeze tonight!!!

Im sure the neighbors thought i was nuts running around in long underwear pants, a hat, long underwear shirt, and my husbands sandles with blankets, sheets, and pillow cases covering everything i can in my yard!!! At 10: 45 at night!!!! I got the majority of it. I covered the really important stuff and hoping the other flower bed right up again the house on the west side can make it without protection..... cuz i have NONE left!!! Short of pulling the covers off my own bed of course... the stuff we will do for gardening!!!! lol!!! :D:D:D

odd_duck99

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
LMAO! I can totally see it. The weather here is too unpredictable for me to care that much about my landscaping. I plant it, water it when I remember or when it looks ill, prune if needed, and let it do it's thing. Survival of the fittest around here!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I hope that works out for ya! I never cover mine, but I have really hardy stuff in my beds that the frost won't bother too much. I could see you running out to cover them though :lol:

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Been there - done that. LOL Every available item has been called into plant protection duty and you still look for more. I can soooooooo see you doing this.
Did you consider knocking on those neighbors doors asking to borrow old sheets. If you had, you could have confirmed their suspicions and really gave them something to talk about.
The buzz in the neighborhood would have been. "Did you see that crazy lady the other night? She even woke me up wanting to borrow sheets. She is crazy I tell ya, crazy".

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I used to be that way but have gotten away from tender plants and into tougher ones...they need to be tough to survive me! :lol:

We had a much warmer than normal March, this year and the one night it decided to get down to the upper 20's our peach tree decided to open its blooms. :th Doc was working nights and we were having wind gust over 30 mph so I got to wrestle a blanket onto the tree by myself...fun, fun, fun! :rolleyes: I managed to knock off a few blooms, in the proccess, but we have baby peaches so it was well worth the wrestling match! :)