You Scream, I Scream , Everyone Loves ICECREAM!!!!!!

Okiepan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So what is your favorite Homemade Ice Cream you make , But more importantly your favorite to EAT 😁

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:) sugar and cream not much to dislike there! :)

anything with nuts. black walnut, walnut, maple walnut, pistachio, etc.

plain vanilla always works well with about anything else so that is good too. coffee and chocolate flavors are great.

i don't seem to like fruits in ice-cream nearly as much as i'd rather have them as a sorbet. i guess because i like things on the tart side so calming them down with cream isn't too likely to appeal to me. strawberry is probably the only version i do like, peanut butter is a common topping if i want something at all. bananas and nuts and chocolate sauce. yep. i'm all in there...

i haven't made any. i do know the process. :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I previously owned one of those small, mini ice cream churners. Haven't seen it in a while, lol. Works - not great - but good enough. I used goat cream/milk of course, lol. Along with sugar (or calorie free sweetener) and vanilla. Good stuff!

Usually just stuck with vanilla - but an occasional topping was appreciated. Maybe fruit, maybe choc or caramel syrup.

Wonder if I can find that thing or if it went out in one of the purges?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I previously owned one of those small, mini ice cream churners. Haven't seen it in a while, lol. Works - not great - but good enough. I used goat cream/milk of course, lol. Along with sugar (or calorie free sweetener) and vanilla. Good stuff!

Usually just stuck with vanilla - but an occasional topping was appreciated. Maybe fruit, maybe choc or caramel syrup.

Wonder if I can find that thing or if it went out in one of the purges?

goat milk ice-cream i'd love to try some time. :)

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Ice cream, other than commercial low carb offerings, are off of the menu for me.....
But this local place has tons of drool worthy flavors that change every week

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1653663338262.jpg
    FB_IMG_1653663338262.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 110

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My favorite, that as a young un' I made, from scratch, and then ate, as often as I could, was peppermint!

We would buy the big fat red and white peppermint sticks.. good ones, real ingredient ones.

Then I would smash them up, and add them to the lots of cream ice cream that we made. I always added a big glob of vanilla, and you HAVE to keep about half of the peppermint chunks way bigger than looks "right". The peppermint melts away as the ice cream churns, so all smaller sized chunks are completely gone when the ice cream is ready. I like the peppermint taste AND the crunch of the peppermint pieces.

We used a super old... made in the 50s ice cream maker. It looked just like the crank version, but was electric.

So yes, we had to watch it and keep adding ice and salt around the outside. But, it wasn't a bother... it went fast.