Young preggos rabbit

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Can I add my name to the list of soon-to-be rabbit litters? We're fairly certain that our doe is pregnant. She's about a year old, the buck is nine or ten months. My only issue is that she's due right about the time that we'll be out of the country. :/ At least she'll be fairly stress-free since I won't be obsessing over the babies, lol.

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Bettacreek said:
Can I add my name to the list of soon-to-be rabbit litters? We're fairly certain that our doe is pregnant. She's about a year old, the buck is nine or ten months. My only issue is that she's due right about the time that we'll be out of the country. :/ At least she'll be fairly stress-free since I won't be obsessing over the babies, lol.
Congrats! As long as she has plenty of food provided to her (so she doesn't resort to cannibalizing her young) she should do fine on her own.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm no longer convinced mine is pregnant. She isn't eating so much now and she has been pooping in the nest box! The last possible day she is due is Feb 14th though. I left them together for about 2 weeks. What a pain! I don't know that I'll do that next time.

The doe and buck were pretty closely related, which def. doesn't help. I am swapping bucks coming up here in a few weeks. I'm really excited about that!

In other news, SO is putting a HUGE window into the garden shed so that the rabbits can be out there instead of in the garage. I wonder how much warmer the sunshine will keep them? The shed is uninsulated. I'm pretty sure the garage is insulated - it stays about 30 degrees.

I'm glad I still have the 3 little ones. 1 is a gift to a friend, 1 to keep and 1 to swap. :D