You're Not Allowed To Be Self Sufficient

S

sunsaver

Giant corporations are working hard to systematically take away the rights of small farms and would be home growers. This topic goes beyond politics, into the realm of basic human rights. These corporations are spending millions on lobby money and campaign contributions to both Democrats and Republicans. Please watch the non-profit, bi-partisan documentary film, Food Inc. : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhOo1oRqH70

Please share this with your friends, and on facebook.

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Fortunately the people who believe in self sufficiency are aware of these things and try to do all we can to overcome or circumvent the big machine. But the real villains in this situation are world-wide over population and corporate greed. In that order. And I personally do not think there is anything mankind can do to eliminate either.

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I really really really need sound on my 'puter. Can't hear a daggone thing! Subscribing anyway so if I ever get my computer fixed, I can "watch" them.

Any of them available on DVD? Like from netflix?

S

sunsaver

The Future of Food doc film made me quit eating anything from a bag or a box. All those chemicals. Yuck!:sick I wish i could get everyone i know to watch these films. I think if more people were aware of what is going on, and changed their eating habits, there would be less obesity and more affordable whole foods on the market. Voting with our dollars seems to be the only real freedom we have. Im voting no to all of it. I grow most of my own food, except flour, milk, cheese, butter, olive oil, and salt. Thats about all i ever buy from the grocery. I even grow my own herbs and spices.

S

sunsaver

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz said:
I really really really need sound on my 'puter. Can't hear a daggone thing! Subscribing anyway so if I ever get my computer fixed, I can "watch" them.

You should be able rent both movies. If not, i would raise a stink about it.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
The only thing that makes me want to rent or own a house is so I can grow my own food. Apartment living doesn't lend itself to gardening lol.

Maggies Pop

Power Conserver
Reaction score
MyKidLuvsGreenEgz said:

I know for sure that Food, Inc is available thru Netflix. And a bunch of others like it.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
We got Food Inc out of our public library - for free. Check your local library system, they may have it too.

garden pixy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I watched Food Inc. on netflix yesterday. I have been aware and careful about I've been feeding my family, but that movie opened my eyes quite a bit more. I've already started making more changes. I don't want my children being part of the diabetes statistics.

edit:

both The future of food & Food Inc. are available on netflix instant.