What's for dinner?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
brunch today was something like lasagna but made with elbow macaroni and swiss cheese was put on top. garlic bread. cole slaw. peanut butter pie.

dinner was a few pieces of garlic bread, some orange wedges, a piece of chocolate and a few peanuts.

i will be very happy to have leftovers for breakfast. :)

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
All colors of bell peppers were on digital deal at Safeway for 25 cents each. Max 8 per membership. I got 8 gorgeous red, yellow and orange ones.

Found some old hamburger 97%, an unmarked package of sausage in my freezer down in the basement, cooked both with some cooked rice and an old 2021 can of corn. Mixed together and stuffed all 8 of the peppers. Topped in various baking pans with some 2020 Pasta sauce.

Two will be going down our hill to my elderly neighbors. Three for the freezer and three for this week's dinner one day.

Luckily son signed up for Safeway, so I can go back today and buy 8 more using his phone number.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's a STEAL on colored peppers! Around here easily $1.25 ea...I'm growing mine!!! 👍😋 When fruits are ready, I'll do pans of stuffed peppers for freezer. Sometimes it's breakfast fare. 🤣

And I make red pepper jelly. Plus chop & freeze for all winter cooking. Chopped onions get frozen, too.

peteyfoozer

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Had breaded cod last night which was really good but overcooked the broccoli so it goes to the chickens😞
I told TheMan it was intentional, to remind him that’s how he would eat every night if he’d married someone who couldn’t cook. He should be thankful for all the good meals I have provided over the past 30 years :gig