New Member From South Central PA

DownsizedChicken

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm a new member from South Central PA.
A few key pointers:
- I appreciate it when you ask me questions about myself, however I ask that you limit on asking me certain questions such as about my family. I don't really like revealing personal information about myself. Also, because of privacy reasons and to the respect of others, I won't be showing pictures of myself or my family, reveal my name/age, etc.
- I will show pictures of my pets and activities that I'm doing, so I won't be too private about my life.
- I'll share about the weather and other such things going on around my area.
- If I ever do talk about my family, I'll talk about activities I do with my family and show pictures of the journey. Family reunion pictures will be limited.
- But definitely not vacation pictures. If I'm ever camping, at the beach, etc, I'll show what I can.
I decided to join this forum to learn what others are doing to be self-sufficient. I also consider myself somewhat self-sufficient, but I want to learn more about being self-sufficient.
Trust me, I'm not boring. I'll pop in on a few threads here and there and interact with other members and perhaps talk about ways I can be sufficient. I'm also on backyardchickens.com under the name @GrandmaTheChicken.

DownsizedChicken

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Welcome! Definitely don't have to share more than you want to. It's all up to you.

So what are you trying out for self sufficiency? Even in an apartment there are some things that can be done.
I don't live in an apartment. I live in a small house with a very small yard and what I can make do with a small yard.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't live in an apartment. I live in a small house with a very small yard and what I can make do with a small yard.

More options even if you're gardening in pots! Would want one of those pot walls maybe. Vertical gardening saves space. Herbs are a good thing for that.

Just canning what you want when finding things on sale.

Lots of options

DownsizedChicken

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
More options even if you're gardening in pots! Would want one of those pot walls maybe. Vertical gardening saves space. Herbs are a good thing for that.

Just canning what you want when finding things on sale.

Lots of options
Vertical gardening sounds interesting. Thanks for the ideas!