A garden tool I made

Team Chaos

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It's beautiful! I bet it was satisfying to make! I can see how it would be handy, I usually end up using my fingers to pull out some of the weeds in the delicate bed- this would save some joint pain& finger funk for sure!

It also looks a lot like the tool I've been fantasizing about a lot lately- I'd love to have a hay hook to move the bale w/ a sharp edge so that I could cut the twine w/ it when it's in place... do you do custom orders?:lol:

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Pretty slick!

And now I know what the unusual gardening tool that I have is for. Mine came in a set, but has an arrow looking type end on it. Yours would get right next to the root in really tight places. I like it.

And the Joel the Ripper crack was pretty funny! :lol:

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Marianne said:
Pretty slick!

And now I know what the unusual gardening tool that I have is for. Mine came in a set, but has an arrow looking type end on it. Yours would get right next to the root in really tight places. I like it.
I haven't seen the tool you're describing, but I can imagine it (perhaps in a hazy way!). Here's my thought, for whatever it may or may not be worth to you... You could grind the arrow shape off the end and wind up with a 'sharp but rounded' tip like my tool has, if you wanted.

We've got buttercup, quack (couch) grass, thistle, and a few other things encroaching in our garden beds. You can do wholesale weeding using a tiller or a hoe, but ya gotta get into the details! It's true, in my experience, that the shape I put on my tool allows you to get real close to the roots of your food or decorative plants, without doing appreciable harm. That's what I like about it.

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Very nice work :)

I read once about someone who had a run of the mill 3 pronged hand tool, and either the 2 outer prongs broke off, or were taken off, leaving something very like what you have. That person really liked it, and I thought at the time how practical it would be.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's a cool looking tool - and I bet the recipient is going to love it - especially knowing it's handmade!