Adventures of a Sufficient Self Suburbanite wanna-be.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That is so great! And each year will get more productive until you are leaving anonymous bags of produce on neighbor's porches in the dead of night because otherwise they point a gun at you and say "Leave, and take your zucchini/tomatoes/carrots/beets with you!"

WendyJ

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That is so great! And each year will get more productive until you are leaving anonymous bags of produce on neighbor's porches in the dead of night because otherwise they point a gun at you and say "Leave, and take your zucchini/tomatoes/carrots/beets with you!"

LOL - I am already sort of doing that. The farm/produce market that I am working at for the summer has a real shortage of customers, so instead of tossing food in the compost, I pass slightly "past it" food to friends, including a few that have just left abusive relationships. When someone breaks out in tears of gratitude and hugs you because you just gave them 6 massive zucchinis, you know they are really in need.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
WendyJ, you have a good heart. I love sharing with people in need, whether it's a financial gift or a cabbage from the garden, seeing how it changes people's lives even if it's only in a small way, is so rewarding.

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
oh sumi, goats milk ice cream is wonderful smooth and silky. you'll like it I'd bet. i cant wait for you to get goats, there are so many things to try. and wendyj i agree, you're a kind hearted person and they are few and far between now a days. i think most of us can remember being in need and someone coming along out of the blue. God is great

Last edited: