Apple Ideas!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Apple "pancakes" are good. Core the apple without breaking it, skin on. Slice in 1/4" slices, dip in thick pancake batter, and cook like regular pancakes. No topping is needed other than butter. You can add some cinnamon to the batter if you'd like.

Baked apples are yummy and simple. Again, core the whole apple, stuff the middle with a bit of brown sugar or honey, walnuts, raisins, cinnamon, and butter. Bake at 350 until soft. You can bake these in a cake pan or better yet, in individual oven safe bowls as they will get quite soft and will be hard to dish out.

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Apple "pancakes" are good. Core the apple without breaking it, skin on. Slice in 1/4" slices, dip in thick pancake batter, and cook like regular pancakes. No topping is needed other than butter. You can add some cinnamon to the batter if you'd like.

Baked apples are yummy and simple. Again, core the whole apple, stuff the middle with a bit of brown sugar or honey, walnuts, raisins, cinnamon, and butter. Bake at 350 until soft. You can bake these in a cake pan or better yet, in individual oven safe bowls as they will get quite soft and will be hard to dish out.
Yes, two good ideas! I totally forgot about the fritters (we called them that, the apple pancakes). And when I was in college I frequently made baked apples as a "nothing better to eat for dessert" kinda thing. My roommate LOVED them and still to this day mentions them, and I always thought they were kinda a "eh, no big deal" kinda thing. :lol:

calendula

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh my word freemotion! I made these this weekend, and they were delicious! Thanks for sharing this recipe, my kids absolutely loved them. I used the pancake recipe from Nourishing Traditions and soaked it overnight. Yum :drool