Are we living our dreams?

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Britsea is right. My ex's father basically allowed his new wife to push my ex out in favor of the children she had with him which really made me sad. His father doesn't even know he lives less than 2 miles away and often drives by the house. Very sad. Not that it would happen, just do whatever needs to be done to make sure it doesn't.
:hugs
Sending you warm healing thoughts.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
He won't get married to another. I still have my current house, which is mine alone and much bigger than the one he is buying. I will own half of 'his' house. I own the orchard and I have 2 lots that we share....bought together, so they will get something. Besides, I still have another parent left, so I'm not done inheriting.
I worked my first weekend, full-time. It was hard. I guess the truth be it known, that part of why I went full-time was to replace the money I"m losing from buying the house. When I was working like that before, I was paying $500/check onto what we owed on the $31,000 it costed after Katrina and it got paid real quick that way. If I would have just paid according to the banks plan it wouldn't have been paid until this coming November, because I knew that the baby I was then pregnant for would be making her first confession the month we were finished, so we did it fast. Now that I'm full-time, and debt free, I'm going to do things my way. I'm closing in the bottom of my house a little at a time and I'm going to save some $$$$ to make up for setting DH up.
I think I'm being more than nice.....I'm being down right stupid. But I will be free and my house will be quiet and peaceful. Its really a bargain, because last summer they wanted $100,000 for it and we getting it for $47,000. Honestly, I'm only giving him 40,000 and I'm getting the lion's share, except it makes Daddy mad to see the truck he gave me parked in front of DD 25's house, knowing its being used by DH, but I told him it might be that the truck lives longer than he does and it is on my name.
Honestly though, it is time for him to bend over backwards to make me happy because if I get offended just a bit more, I will play hardball and he won't like it. Truely, all the cards are in my favor. He has nothing over on me that he can use against me and I have plenty I can use if it comes to it. I'm just so grateful sometimes for the quiet.
DH can't afford to divorce me. A bridge tender doesn't make enough to pay for child support and I promise, I will get custody if I go for it. I have paper work on 28 years of sacrifices, on my part, extended to both him and his parents.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I hear ya. Hang in there, it can only get better from now on.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Life goes on.
I continue to be a full-time weekend nurse, but I bit off more than I can chew and my feet are killing me by Monday morning, but most of that is because they have me working mission impossible. I'm communicating with administration to see if something can be done about the impossible night shift they have me doing. Its hard to explain, but its not a job that is even possible to complete. The math isn't there.
Well, my new friend (in need) has been coming over from time to time, to do whatever little work I can line her up with. Her boyfriend, who is my neighbor has asked me to teach her to read. I told him I'd talk to her. Turns out she can read better than he realizes, but I told her that while I'm working with my girls, she won't bother me at all if she wants to work in a workbook and get a little better. We will see. One hand washes another.
She straightened out one of the sheds a bit, so we can get my grandmother's old washing machine and put it in place where we already have a set up and DS put my incubator and hatcher in the shed. I"m hoping I have better hatch rates with them being in there and perhaps less vulnerable to the cold spells that can sneak up on us.
Anyway, I put a shelf full of goose eggs and duck eggs to incubate a few days ago. I best back track and figure when I did that so I can write it on the calendar......my bad. That leaves me with 2 shelves that can be used to hatch out something, so I tried to find local people with silkies and leghorns. The silkies cuz I can use help with hard to hatch out eggs....like the goose eggs and the leghorns because I hate not having regular supply of chicken eggs.
We have a local facebook group for Livestock Breeders and I put the word out, but not too many bites. I did call one lady about her silkie eggs, but she is incubating, so I offered to buy a few from her. They not sure they will do so good because apparently they bought some kind of egg cleaner towelettes and used them to get the eggs clean and out of 80something eggs, only 2 hatched out, so they thinking they best not use the towelettes again, if they plan on hatching. Actually, if it killed the embryos, then I wouldn't even want it to clean my kitchen eggs. But glad I heard about it. As for the leghorns, no one told me they had any, but I went to a local ladies house to use her black copper maran, with my cuckoo maran hen and I noticed she had a few leghorn hens. I can always get leghorn eggs to hatch, from her, but no telling what they would have mated with. We talked shop a while about how we can't sell chicks lately and I told her its been 2 years since I did good with my chick sales and I'm thinking about just taking care of my families poultry needs and other than that, if I want to sell chicks, I'm going to have to do so with a speciality breed, like marans or silkies or the like. No rush. For now, just do some no-nonsense farming.
DH is in the new house. The kids slept in it with him for the first time Saturday night. I picked them up Monday afternoon for religion class, then went back over to pick up DS, who was helping his father. All was fine, until we talked about income tax and I told him I didn't have his W2 and he started going nuts, so I told the kids its time to go home. Well shortly afterwards, I get a text message and DS read it, cuz I'm driving and he tells me to call him (DH) when we get home. Then he tells the girls that their poppa says he is sorry. So I read later that he found the W2 and to tell the kids he was wrong and he is sorry. And I was actually worried that he'd have a long night.
He showed me the paperwork on some appliances he bought. He financed over 4,000 in appliances and a mattress set. I told him that he should have waited because I was willing to help him, meaning to take some of our old stuff and extra stuff, but he say...'well help me' and does the money fingers move. I just said thats not how I meant to help you. I'm not saying I won't lend him a hand, but I really want him to feel the effects of what he just did. I go thru all kinds of trouble to make sure he has a house with no notes, so he can afford it and he finds an expense he don't need. I won't see him starve or find out he needs something before the kids go over, but I think he can live check to check and learn a lesson. Together, we never would have made such a impulsive decision.
Well today I got my 2nd full-time check, but its the first time I can actually decide to spend money on something that will show. I have 3 things I want to do on this place and not sure which I should tackle first. I might go for the shed jacking project first because I have a 20% off coupon for buying that house and if thats the case I might as well wait until I have more money to spend before I put it to use. Nothing I plan on doing will cost me too very much anyway, but I need to get in my head exactly how I will tackle everything.
I was thinking on using fiberglass panels to close in downstairs and put as many windows as possible, but the panels are $28 a piece and I think I need 4 between each piling and I figure the windows will cost much more. I was toying with the idea of making a frame to use some of the fiberglass as windows....put them on hinges and have screen tacked onto the frames for when they'd be opened. I can even do this, but have the frames being the size of an actual window I can order if it don't work out....just a thought. Its the most frugal way I can think of to do the job I want done.
Well, check ya'll later. Sometimes I'm lonely and I cry, but I think I'm sorta Okay.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sounds like you've got some plans and that's the best place to start. I know it's hard and lonely too... I hope it gets easier for you. :hugs

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, its Saturday and I'm not happy about it. I called the nursing home a few minutes ago and the night nurse is still there. Thats not a good sign. Gotta rush thru my chores and try to do some lessons because my kids don't have their teacher (me) Monday, due to sleep (and pain). Today I fly (not literally).
Well, gotta go make sure my new stud (maran) is happy and decide what other hens I might introduce him to.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
If you find him in there either smoking a cigarette, or w/a silly grin on his face, I'd say he's happy.