Bad news about supplements

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
PeeperKeeper said:
What next! :rolleyes:

I sometimes think I'm just going to start grazing in the fields!
So true!
You know many of us on here are looking at what we can grow in terms of herbal medicines. The problem I see is that I can't really finely grind minerals in my mortar and pestle for supplementing to get around this.
Vitamin D is a good example; how do we extract high dosages that we in North America need, especially in winter?

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Sun bathe nekid in the summer and it will reduce the need for supplementation :D

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Butter made from cows on rapidly growing grass is very high in the oil-soluble vitamins, A & D. Pork fat from pigs on pasture is also high in D. Milk and eggs from pastured goats and chickens will do, too. Making and storing cheese from spring milk. BACON!!! Beef from pastured cattle (if not too lean). I'm sure there is more.

Many traditional preparation and storage methods increase vitamin content (vitamin c in live sauerkraut is much, much higher than the vitamin c content of the cabbage that went into it, for example), unlock minerals, and neutralize mineral blockers.

Etc.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I strongly suspect big pharma is behind this. Docs will be able to prescribe supps and big pharma will produce them. They see a billion dollar industry and want all of it.

This has been in the works for many years, and has been shot down a couple of times already, in different forms. Hopefully, this one will be, too. But the handwriting is on the wall. Some of us depend on our supplements to keep us well. I haven't seen my primary care physician (have to list on for my insurance so I can see my dentist, chiro, eye doc, etc) in years...I wouldn't know him if I passed him on the street.