Britesea - Living the good life in rural Oregon

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
I'd rather clean than cook most of the time, not sure why. Wish i was closer, I'd happily come clean for you in exchange for awesome food!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I wish you could too... I've always thought how nice it would be to get me a wife, lol

hqueen13

Reaction score
Lol, i just need a chef! I've got almost everything else under control.....

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I love to cook, hate to clean. We don't have a dishwasher at this time, and I have to do dishes EVERY DAY! I probably should be doing them after every meal, but I hate it. I am also the worlds worst dishwasher ...
I need a job, so I can hire a house cleaner.
Oh, yeah ... DH is installing a dishwasher this weekend. :)

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh, how I wish I could have a dishwasher! In 30 years of marriage, we've only had a dishwasher for the first 5 years. The rest of the time we've lived in old houses that didn't have one and would have needed major renovations to make room for one. The kitchen I have right now is so small I don't even have room for a refrigerator- it's around the corner in the utility room.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My tax preparer fell sick, so while I was thinking she was preparing my taxes she was probably coughing up her guts. I was hoping to help my godchild with something...and still might, but the gods of poverty, must have heard it was about that time....well the house DH and I bought is coming up for renewal on a home warranty. I know he don't have the money and I haven't even spoken to him about it, but we cashed in on the AC going out and came out $800 ahead with what we received, so thinking about getting it, but it will set me back 600, but if I don't pay it and something major breaks, my kids 2nd house is shot. Decisions, decisions.

hqueen13

Reaction score
This kitchen could have one, except it's designed silly and doesn't. Thankfully there is room for a free standing one, so we have that. I hate not having a dishwasher! I'm not good at keeping up with it either!

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
... well the house DH and I bought is coming up for renewal on a home warranty. I know he don't have the money and I haven't even spoken to him about it, but we cashed in on the AC going out and came out $800 ahead with what we received, so thinking about getting it, but it will set me back 600, but if I don't pay it and something major breaks, my kids 2nd house is shot. Decisions, decisions.

If I were in your situation, I would probably extend the home warranty. For one, you are not there to make sure that the house is being maintained and any problems corrected before something major happens. You have something worth protecting in that house, there is quite an investment there already. Is there anyway your husband could help you out with the fee? I mean, he is living there and it is his home. Is he still working?

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
rhoda_bruce said:

... well the house DH and I bought is coming up for renewal on a home warranty. I know he don't have the money and I haven't even spoken to him about it, but we cashed in on the AC going out and came out $800 ahead with what we received, so thinking about getting it, but it will set me back 600, but if I don't pay it and something major breaks, my kids 2nd house is shot. Decisions, decisions.

If I were in your situation, I would probably extend the home warranty. For one, you are not there to make sure that the house is being maintained and any problems corrected before something major happens. You have something worth protecting in that house, there is quite an investment there already. Is there anyway your husband could help you out with the fee? I mean, he is living there and it is his home. Is he still working?

Even if your husband couldn't come up with all the money up front, he could give it to you in installments if you can come up with the full amount yourself...