Bubblingbrooks Journey - Salut!

rathbone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I've a miserable cold today. Sitting here in front of the computer sniffling, groaning and generally feeling sorry for myself. Reading your post about the hoop house/stawberries etc...I forgot all about my woes and got lost in your world there for a minute. Thanks!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
The highest mountains have lots of snow on the peaks now. Some of the lower ones have a good covering.
But, on our way home from berry picking, we noticed that Baldy had snow in one area. :barnie
This was around and just above the treeline.
Needless to say, my hurry and get done list has lengthened considerably!
Mt. Saint Helens' has never lost its snow cover this year. We have never seen that before, even though we have been in WA 16 years now. :ep

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
So far no snow on Pikes Peak :fl. It's a big, giant weather indicator that everyone can see around here. No leaves turning yet, but the grapes are ripening.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
So far no snow on Pikes Peak :fl. It's a big, giant weather indicator that everyone can see around here. No leaves turning yet, but the grapes are ripening.
It is smelling frosty but no snow yet. I'll know. I always dream of snow when Pikes Peak gets hit. I think it's going to be here soon. It FEELS like we should be stocking firewood.

rathbone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
No snow here...not even a hint. But then of course if there were - it would mean hell had frozen over. Our weather this year has been oddly cool - it is a balmy 112 degrees today. Last year at this time it was 125 degrees. Snow on a mountain would be a most welcome sight.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
Not here though. In Kansas.
Wind gusts of 80+ with reports of 100 straight line.
My parents have debris all over to clean up, but the worst is the 2 story timber frame of the new barn.
In splinters.
:( Man. I hope they had good insurance. We had quite a little blow here as well last night. Lots of people lost power for several hours.