Can glazed donuts be frozen?

buckeye lady

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The big box store had Crispy Creme Glazed on special. I don't usually indulge in donuts, but they smelled so heavenly! ( I bought 2 boxes) If I freeze them will they be edible?

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yes :hide I buy them once in a blue moon and freeze them individually with great success, when they defrost they taste as fresh as the day I put them in there. That being said they only last about a month before they are sought and devoured by the kids! I am not 100% sure about the glaze because my only weakness are maple bars.

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have never tried it. On the rare event we have donuts here - homemade or otherwise, they only last a couple of days before the mysterious donut eatting fairies gobble them all up. ;)

Jamsoundsgood

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Man, now I want donuts. And it's too late to call my husband to pick some up on his way home from work in the morning. Flip.

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
buckeye lady said:
The big box store had Crispy Creme Glazed on special. I don't usually indulge in donuts, but they smelled so heavenly! ( I bought 2 boxes) If I freeze them will they be edible?
Don't ask me how I know, but they will be a little dry. Nuke them in 10 second increments, as the glaze will melt. I read this somewhere. No, really.

My mom made a bread pudding with glazed Krispy Kremes once. She said it was the only thing she has ever eaten which approached "too sweet".

buckeye lady

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I went to the freezer to get one of those donuts the other day and they were Gone!!!! DH says that they freeze just fine. He microwaves them for 15 seconds and they are just like fresh. I'll have to take his word for it... Next time I'll have to put them under the vegetables.