Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Had to get on the computer this morning. It's the first I've been on it since May. So, I thought I'd pop in and say hi before going outside to do some yard work. I won't have my coffee until a bit later. I try to get stuff done outside before it gets too hot.
Oh good morning!!! yes, get stuff outside done,,
So glad you are here!!

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
dda0577edc6a2c8ddd7b3ada32cf1416.jpg

Well 7am
I got the coop squared away at 5, soaker hoses going and chat/text with my sister,
she is in NM, it was 84 at 6:30am there,
I got all the "blessed" shopping dont yesterday afternoon, Wall to Wall MOPPING is a go right after BK,
rugs and dog bed are washed, stuff picked up, so compression socks are a must today, o_O
DH is going over at 9 to our sons to help him with his fencing for the 8 goats,
then we have to prep/move shop stuff out of the way in the garage for tomorrow. We are getting new garage doors, the ones we have are 40yr old and one doesnt open and one we can hardly get shut.
have a wonderful morning, and I will be back at noon with a fresh LG pot of coffee!!

every-morning.jpg
Screenshot 2023-01-19 070558.png

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I skipped "coffee" and headed to the shelter to help with morning chores since they have a litter of puppies (read: a big mess!). Then went to the 4-H office, finalized signs, finished making club t-shirts, did one errand, and took DS8 to calf leading practice. I was going to finished shopping/errands after, but they butchered a down cow, so I came straight home after with a fresh cow heart, the hide, and a leg bone for my dog to chew on. Finally sitting down now at 4 pm 😄

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So last summer I had a young red colored deer hanging around. She would snort at me, then when I looked her way she would take off running. I thought this game was pretty cool at first but quickly became very annoying. Here a snort, there a snort, everywhere a snort snort. I seem to recall she left sometime early September or at least that's when I remember being happy not to be snorted at.

Yep she's back, she came back late last week, but she ain't so little anymore. So far she hanging around the back of the barn and around the pond. I noticed something was eating off one of the hay rounds I have lined up, there was loose hay pulled out of the round and some on the ground. Then this evening with my hunting dog following me, she snorted at me and I spotted her by the hay rounds. And of course as soon as a seen her she was gone. Yep I've played this game before... I'm pretty sure she's the one who has been eating hay 🙄 as for my hunting dog? He just stood there panting 🙄

I'm really not interested in feeding deer anything, expecially hay. I think it's about time for that gray lab pup I've had my eye on. My hunting dog is an old man who on rare occasions may have a very brief youth moment, but sleeps most of the time. In his younger days he simply wouldn't have put up with deer on the property. He would have chased them off. Obviously he's not chasing them off anymore. It's ok he's old I can't expect him to be young again.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning All!!!
Another hot and humid day here today but later this afternoon (around 3-4) there's a chance for T-Storms and rain, supposed to be the same tomorrow too!! I admit I'm looking forward to AUTUMN and the cooler weather.
Well FH was watching TikTok and I heard a video about 3 businesses in VA Beach being destroyed a couple nights ago. Yup, I know of them stores (had wanted to try King of the Sea restaurant but never did) and the Maple Street Pancake House because of the trips we have had down there. It's so sad that they got destroyed and hopefully they will rebuild. We're considering VA Beach as our honeymoon spot but I'm also looking at Colonial Williamsburg as a honeymoon spot seeing how I've never been there. Different places, different experiences!!!!
My doctor appointment was rescheduled for later on this month :he:rant:somad:duc. I understand doctors have their own lives and unexpected things pop up but I had to stop taking my allergy med for it and now it's going to take a few days to get built back up in my system just to have to stop them in a few days :duc:somad:rant:mad:.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So last summer I had a young red colored deer hanging around. She would snort at me, then when I looked her way she would take off running. I thought this game was pretty cool at first but quickly became very annoying. Here a snort, there a snort, everywhere a snort snort. I seem to recall she left sometime early September or at least that's when I remember being happy not to be snorted at.

Yep she's back, she came back late last week, but she ain't so little anymore. So far she hanging around the back of the barn and around the pond. I noticed something was eating off one of the hay rounds I have lined up, there was loose hay pulled out of the round and some on the ground. Then this evening with my hunting dog following me, she snorted at me and I spotted her by the hay rounds. And of course as soon as a seen her she was gone. Yep I've played this game before... I'm pretty sure she's the one who has been eating hay 🙄 as for my hunting dog? He just stood there panting 🙄

I'm really not interested in feeding deer anything, expecially hay. I think it's about time for that gray lab pup I've had my eye on. My hunting dog is an old man who on rare occasions may have a very brief youth moment, but sleeps most of the time. In his younger days he simply wouldn't have put up with deer on the property. He would have chased them off. Obviously he's not chasing them off anymore. It's ok he's old I can't expect him to be young again.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
Don't run it off, put it in the freezer, as soon as hunting season opens up.