Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lots of dirty socks….. might have something to do with leaky rubber boots that have cracks and holes in them and lots of rain and mud.
Slip a plastic grocery bag over your socks before you put your feet in the boots. As long as the bag doesn't have a hole in it your socks will stay dry.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Dry Shod are better boots than muck boots and will last longer. Still expensive... Yep, plastic grocery bags over the socks into boots... also makes it easier to get a shoe out of the old fashioned "galoshes" that you pull on over shoes... most dairyman use them over their workshoes when in the dairy barns/parlors.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Last nite a woman my age was shot and killed, and her truck stollen. Down the street from us. Maybe a mile. I saw some responders down the hill go by while we were finishing up Breaking Bad. And then checked my Pulse Point. Oh My Gosh!! Poor woman - she was terrified I'm sure. They have the lic and photo of the truck stollen. Its a state wide response to look for the truck now.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow. Things are getting dangerous everywhere! I try not to go out at night but, even daylight isn't safe. Be ALERT of who & what's around you.

Cool all day thanks to a steady, medium wind..all..day! Well, mostly inside. Found first broody tonight, dared me to take eggs or remove her 🥴😉. Decided she was pretty safe in the goat barn, so added 4 eggs from today's lay, she fluffed up and lovingly snuggled them into the others. 🤷. I'll decide where to move or how to secure her in a day or two. If she doesn't stick (unlikely!) no big deal. I sure don't need the eggs I added.🤪

Last edited:

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Last nite a woman my age was shot and killed, and her truck stollen. Down the street from us. Maybe a mile. I saw some responders down the hill go by while we were finishing up Breaking Bad. And then checked my Pulse Point. Oh My Gosh!! Poor woman - she was terrified I'm sure. They have the lic and photo of the truck stollen. Its a state wide response to look for the truck now.
They ought to shoot whoever is in the truck if they find it occupied... NO QUESTIONS ASKED.... STOP ALL THIS .... I feel so bad for her, and her family...hope she did not live through the first few seconds, to not die in total terror but too quick to react and suffer the mental anguish.

That is just too da#@ed close @murphysranch ....

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

The biggest problem is that it almost always is a known criminal that's been left on the streets. Our country sheriff keep arresting them here and prosecutor in Tacoma just lets them go