Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The warm sun sure felt good today after winter.
1618472719353909255.jpeg

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we did get a bit of rain last night, but nothing too stormy that i recall, but i could also have just slept through it.

hope everyone is safe today from any storms!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Storms incoming today. We are on the line between the orange and yellow zones, my daughters are in the center of the red zone

View attachment 25865

The wind woke me up at 5:04AM. I went pee and went back to bed. This morning when I stepped out the door and looked around o_O. Few limbs down and loose stuff scattered around at our place. But both my neighbors lost whole trees, buildings damaged and a steel dumpster flipped over, what a mess. Thankful👆everyone in the neighborhood is OK and our place didn't sustain any damage.

This was on my phone this morning, I never heard it.
Screenshot_20240402_082155_Gallery.jpg

Be safe!

Last edited:

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
An acquaintance posted this on her FB page last nite:

Ohio Storm Chasers

I want all of my Ohio friends, family and followers to know the severity of the severe weather situation tomorrow. "POTENTIALLY SUBSTANTIAL SEVERE WEATHER OUTBREAK -- POSSIBLY
INCLUDING A FEW SIGNIFICANT/LONG-TRACK TORNADOES"
The SPC has raised concerns to a level 4/5 including the risk of long track, significant tornadoes for essentially all of Ohio tomorrow afternoon and evening.
I have been doing this for 14 years and it is rare if I raise alarm bells. But please, learn from previous events. Take tomorrow seriously. I don't want to dig any friends or family out of rubble if this event comes to forecast like it's looking. Have a plan. Take it seriously and seek shelter. This is your warning

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I hear two business were leveled nearby and travel is discouraged while county works to clear the country roads. I checked on all the family nearby, everyone is OK 👍 it's currently thunderstorming, we never lost electricity. I've been waiting on spring rains, they have arrived.

Farmtruck suffered a little damage, winds blew the water buffalo a good distance, oh well.
Screenshot_20240402_101245_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We about got the neighborhood put back together. Quite a bit of chainsawing trees. There's still a little more roof work left. But we got everything screwed down and secured. It was just to windy for replacing full sheets of tin.

For some reason I left the north side barn door open yesterday, when I fed the critters. I don't remember leaving it open, but it most definitely was open this morning. I asked my neighbors if they left it open. Thinking they needed to borrow something out of it. But they said they didnt go in our barn this morning.

We talked a little about it and came to the conclusion that because it was open, is what most likely what saved the roof from blowing off. The storm rolled in from the south west and with the north door open, we figured it was just enough to de-pressurize the barn.

Latest posts