Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We are under severe thunderstorm warning...

In the mean time, however, Tank is not at all concerned when they said strong winds and tennis ball sized hail :oops:
Screenshot_20240418_162714_Gallery.jpg

Tennis ball first, now baseball :rolleyes:

Screenshot_20240418_164819_Gallery.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i've found that once they think a place is home they won't be deterred by scented anything. the main help has been to find the gaps they are using and get them completely sealed up - even if there is a tiny crack left if they can sense there is a gap behind it and smell food they'll chew their way back in if they can... plus they don't need much of a gap to squeeze through.

i have found that once i get rid of their nests and clean an area out i can prevent them from coming back by using bleach fumes, but that can degrade things so it doesn't work in all spaces and there's the risk of spilling the bleach so...

i also use snap traps to reduce their population if i notice their tracks around.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've had mice eat at my goat milk soap!! Must be good to eat 😁. It's great as soap and not skin drying.

There are sprinkles going on this morn, just a little. But rains are gonna march on in stronger late morn & balance of day. Hope it isn't a big rain. It's cooler too, low 50s. Light breeze, so you feel the chill. Maybe I'll cook. 🫤 Been enjoying open window at night, for free AC during 78-85 days! I can handle one cool day 😁

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Chickens are getting a new home today. I only lack perches and throwing down some starw on the floor. I'll move turkeys in there after they come out of brood. Also you may notice the two ropes hanging from 1/2 pipe. Those are to operate doors, one to each of our 56 x 106 foot fenced gardens. The plan is to rotate them every off season.

It's 8x16 - 128 sqft. 8 foot tall in the front, 7 foot tall in the back. I tried to make it as easy as possible for FB. That's why it's low, no steps to climb. They majority is sawmill southern yellow pine but there is some store-bought lumber also the deck is all pressure treated ground contact 2x6s with 3/4" treated ground contact plywood.
Screenshot_20240420_165122_Messages.jpg

One of the two nest boxes for egg laying. Each accessible from the two front doors. I'll also box in the bottom with a doorway for the turkey hens to brood.
Screenshot_20240420_165325_Messages.jpg

Anyways 50 CCX ship Tuesday, that I'll need to brood out in the barn for a few weeks :rolleyes:

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Last edited: