Reaction score
And so it begins.
Screenshot_20240426_111210_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240426_111102_Gallery.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
FB picked them put at the PO. She said they are "feisty". No stink yet, but that'll change soon :rolleyes:. I'm brooding them in the tack room in the barn. I keep checking for baby turkeys, all three hens are sitting tight on all those turkey eggs. If any baby turkeys are out and about, I'll put them in with the CCX.

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I think there might be evidence of a little turkey action, I see a couple empty eggs.
View attachment 26065

But I wasn't sticking my hand in there to find out, either. Truth... broody turkey hens draw blood, at least mine do. Don't ask me how I know this to be true.

after seeing a turkey up close (after it was hit by a car in the road that we cleaned up) and also seeing a PBS show about turkeys i'd certainly not be getting too close to them without a lot of hard leather protection...

reminds me of things i learned about in history class and playing DnD and computer games...

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have a hen with chick right now and she will throw herself a you if you get close! 😉. Worse than a roo 🤣. So something the size of a turkey -- yeah, be careful. Another thing, turkeys can propel themselves further & higher than you might think with their bulk!!

This front that came in with cool, wind & gloomy clouds is supposed to leave today. Yes!!! We'll be back to warm & sun again 👍😉💖 so spoiled here.