Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cicadas are harmless fun. Noisy yes, but a rarity I enjoy. Watching critters feed on the plenty is cool to watch
Not so harmless to woody plants. Plus june bugs emerged last week. Maybe they should be called April bugs?

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Then to top it off, our granny smith is in 2nd bloom... and it already has apples growing on it. 🤯

Screenshot_20240505_161732_Gallery.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Laying eggs affects the branches, yes.
They dead headed every single one of FB's roses. Her rose bushes were covered. It's odd too because I have heavy duty landscape fabric down with just a single hole per rose bush, the fabric is covered by cypress wood chips. I don't think they could have got through that from below ground. They must have swarmed her rose bushes.

So far at out place they prefer sugar maple, red maple, rose bushes & apple trees, in that order. None on any vegetables yet.

Screenshot_20240505_205147_Gallery.jpg

They sure do look weird just coming out of their shell.
Screenshot_20240505_201339_Gallery.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cicadas are the sound of summer.
Coffee is ready. Dunno what I’m going to do today. Too soggy to do much outside.
I agree with you but... the annual green brood is tame but then this 17 year weird looking brood at the same time is over the top. I read the expected 17 year brood numbers from billions up to a trillion. All i know is there is A LOT of them at our place. I should get a picture of the red maple tree, it's trunk looks like it has scales from all the empty shells.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
On my second cup of coffee. Went to Conroe yesterday to see my sister. My birthday was yesterday, went to lunch with sister and her best friend. Had a nice day. Sister is in good spirits, positive attitude and looking forward to settling with FEMA, which will be a long process, then she can buy a new DRY home.

Was watching the sheriff’s videos of the flood and devastation here in Trinity County. He was in a boat with 2 game wardens. They were taking water to people still in their homes, flooded in. They saw an armadillo swimming in the flood and grabbed it by the tail and put it in the boat. They took it to dry land.