Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Are you in the area of overlap of the 2 different broods that are both coming out this year?

Yep... the annual and 17 year brood. There are so many it would be impossible to count them all.

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️
This year in some places is a very rare occasion where the annual, 17 & 13 yr cycles overlap. I forgot how long it will be before the next time the multi years overlap.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Was it someone on here who mentioned within the last year about the phone calls from the Medicare Advantage provider who wanted to do the annual phone call/video call? Hubs and I did them two times in the last two years, and are being bombarded now for a new call for this calendar year.

My experience with Wellcare by Healthnet (my advantage program) is that the person had no idea of my health history, who my PPO provider was, and was only asking me questions. She wouldn't even make a suggestion when I asked her three times about a womans' annual health exam.

Now hubs comes in with the phone on his ear; he's being asked questions he can't remember anymore; they didn't know our PA's office address; and more. They wouldn't talk to me so I told him to hang up.

Thoughts?

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Uh oh....tell us...We are here to listen
I was informed today that if the time for my wedding ceremony wasn't changed until 4pm than my Matron of Honor wasn't going to be there seeing how there wouldn't be enough time for her to be ready. She is also going to be doing my hair and a couple other Bridesmaids hair. So please her my FH agreed to change the time from 2pm to 4pm. Everything that has to be for MY wedding is what everyone else wants it to be like

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm sorry the matron of honor doesn't realize and appreciate there are MANY other issues to changing the time. Say no!! Have another do hair for you & others. That will save her time.👍She can be on time at 2. As to "MY" wedding, I thought it was FHs also. Don't act spoiled -- just make use of another hairdresser & keep the original ceremony appointment. So easy. 🥰🫂

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
ooof! That's rough. I'm sorry she's demanding you change your day. You can say no. I think it feels better to have an imprefect wedding that is *your* wedding than to follow what family and friends want it to be. DH and I eloped, so clearly I feel strongly about that :gig the other option we considered was having a surprise wedding

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They are still emerging :rolleyes:I found a way to have fun with them though. If you thump a apple tree branch they are on, you can make them sing. I suspect I'll be tired of their singing here shortly.

Took this picture a few minutes ago.
Screenshot_20240507_203112_Gallery.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️