Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@CrealCritter meant to say before, mooos are looking good!! 😊
Doesn't appear the moo crew is starving that's forsure. The summer pasture is also in seed, so I'm kind of hoping it will reseed itself. Another reason for keeping it closed. I'll keep a close eye on the moo crews body scoring. If they start to decline, I will open the summer pasture immediately. But so far, so good.

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Sunny and in the 80s predicted for today. Was going to dig out the sod for the remaining beds and start on a flower bed around the flag pole. May do iced tea and a lawn chair instead. 💺
We took a drive over at the lake yesterday. The garage got a little too warm, so didn't stay out long.

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Three weeks later... most are probably too big to be classified as cornish game hens.
If I'm not mistaken (big if usually) a cornish "hen" is a 6 week old X-rock regardless of hen or not.

Also I have about 10 little Dark Cornish just hatched out in the incubator right now, with about 2 dozen to go. I never have a high success rate, usually candling and throwing out 1/3 at day 9. I didn't candle until day 18 this time when I pulled the turner and out of 41, 7 candled bad and one stuck to the turner finally breaking. It smelled HORID.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Afternoon everyone! Been awhile since I posted so hope Y'all don't mind a long vented post.
26 days until I get married and so far at this moment my nerves are a jagged mess and I'm stressed :he:rant:duc to beyond the stretching point I feel like I'm a ticking time bomb that when it explodes it's going to explode on the wrong person. Yesterday the DJ we had lined up backed out said there was too many changes (ONLY MAJOR CHANGE WAS THE TIME from 2pm-4pm due to the hair stylist) too much chaos and drama. When I first lined the DJ up I made them aware that the wedding party was going to enter the reception to different songs but they couldn't or wouldn't accommodate, kept telling me that they were going to go through their CDs and see which songs from mine and FH song list they had and they would let me know which ones I would need to put on a CD. Then to top it off the rest of the stuff I needed (shoes, veil, under garments and such) is going to be delayed and SHEIN ran out of stock on the veil I had wanted but got a refund for that so looking into other options.
We have PLAN B to fall back on to replace the DJ, used our stereo system (YES it has a CD player) with speakers and a friend who has a karaoke machine with mics and someone who is willing to change the CDs when needed.
I'm just glad I have a support system that knows me really good and is there for me to scream at and doesn't take it personally, cry on their shoulder and get reassurances from (I said yesterday "what if it rains during the ceremony" her reply "WE DANCE IN THE RAIN" "What if my dress doesn't fit" her reply "WE MAKE IT FIT" and it want on like that for a few more).

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Afternoon everyone! Been awhile since I posted so hope Y'all don't mind a long vented post.
26 days until I get married and so far at this moment my nerves are a jagged mess and I'm stressed :he:rant:duc to beyond the stretching point I feel like I'm a ticking time bomb that when it explodes it's going to explode on the wrong person. Yesterday the DJ we had lined up backed out said there was too many changes (ONLY MAJOR CHANGE WAS THE TIME from 2pm-4pm due to the hair stylist) too much chaos and drama. When I first lined the DJ up I made them aware that the wedding party was going to enter the reception to different songs but they couldn't or wouldn't accommodate, kept telling me that they were going to go through their CDs and see which songs from mine and FH song list they had and they would let me know which ones I would need to put on a CD. Then to top it off the rest of the stuff I needed (shoes, veil, under garments and such) is going to be delayed and SHEIN ran out of stock on the veil I had wanted but got a refund for that so looking into other options.
We have PLAN B to fall back on to replace the DJ, used our stereo system (YES it has a CD player) with speakers and a friend who has a karaoke machine with mics and someone who is willing to change the CDs when needed.
I'm just glad I have a support system that knows me really good and is there for me to scream at and doesn't take it personally, cry on their shoulder and get reassurances from (I said yesterday "what if it rains during the ceremony" her reply "WE DANCE IN THE RAIN" "What if my dress doesn't fit" her reply "WE MAKE IT FIT" and it want on like that for a few more).

You're in the most stressful stretch. Can fully understand.

That DJ doesn't sound like a very good one. I know there are ones who specialize in specific genres of music and make that known first thing before any talks of hiring them happens. Usually they advertise it.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I know there are ones who specialize in specific genres of music and make that known first thing before any talks of hiring them happens. Usually they advertise it.
They (father and son team) told me they play all genres and it was a decent price but I'm glad we hadn't exchanged funds but I was wondering why they don't do contracts. They wouldn't be in business if they did

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials, Homesteader!

Duckling are now adopted by chicken mom because theirs keeps trying to run away and ditch them.
Friend’s goat had twins and the girl has coccidia. She wasn’t wanting to eat and very weak. So, Betty came home with me and is currently in my bathtub. Whitish froth coming out of both ends, but she’ll get up and make noise. Yells when I try to feed her then yells that she’s hungry.
I know it’s supposed to be every four hours, but I’m thinking of feeding her every three or less. She’s not getting much in her. But she’s warm and got molasses. Hoping she makes it. Betty because she’s white lol. I called her that on the drive home, then my mom called her that before I said a word. It’s her name apparently.