Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Our wood furnace is barely keeping up today even with burning through tone of wood! 65 in the main house. 56 in our bedroom. Maybe 50 in the bathroom. Brrrr! I don't function below 69 degrees. Nothing getting done. I'm going to bed with a good book.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan! A few years ago I bought heated mattress pads for the grandkids beds when they come to visit. I'm wishing I'd bought one for my own bed now, lol. Heating pad will have to do tonight.

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
the neighbor brought by two more round bales for the horses and the cow, the goat feeder is full of fresh hay and it is just bitter cold outside. at least its not raining. if this cold was accompanied by freezing rain we'd be toast. no power, no travel, no nothing. thank God for propane heat.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
If I didn't have the electric heater going, it would be cold in here as well.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
It was chilly in here this morning too! The poor pellet stove doesn't like to function for long above low, it gets clogged too fast. I'm not happy with these pellets! High today says 31 (I'll believe it when I see it....) but tomorrow is only 20, so I guess today is clean the stove day again.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I can't live without my heated mattress pad in winter! It takes me toooo long to warm up without it and I can't sleep if I'm that cold.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I had a little emotional meltdown yesterday and spent all day in bed. I must have been over-tired; a day off was exactly what I needed!

Went to work this morning for 1 appointment... and they didn't show up. I definitely counting down to being done with work. 6 appointments, 18 days. I have all next week off! :)

I'm trying new-to-me recipes today. I found an egg bake recipe that uses muffin tins. I thought since I'll be using the stove anyway, I'll make a venison roast and potatoes for supper. Waiting a bit longer on the roast to be done before I can bake the egg bites. I used 24 <-- TWENTY FOUR! eggs! (I hope somebody around here likes them! :eek: )

My new baby rabbit is super sweet. She still not in a proper cage. She is in a rabbit carry-cage, so about 1/2 the normal cage size. It's been so cold I just don't want to put my buck outside! It's supposed to warm up significantly next week, she can wait 'til then. It's a hassle for us because I can't put a heated bottle onto the carry cage. My son is being a good sport about bring in her ice bowl every 3 hours, thawing it and giving her fresh water. :love

hqueen - a heated mattress pad sounds awesome! It's just as cold here, but the furnace is keeping up in the living areas. We've got a thick bed of hot coals going - I think that is the difference.

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
really glad you new bunny is doing good. and ds deserves a medal for keeping her in water.
ok, so Wednesday i opened my big mouth and said i could stand the cold, at least it wasn't freezing rain. guess what we are getting today, yup, freezing rain. I'm so tired of wet and cold. now here is my helpful hint for getting those cold feet warm when you go to bed. i take a 2lt bottle and fill it with hot water, i just use hottest tap water. make sure the lid is tight, stick it in a sock and stuff it under the covers at the foot of the bed. keeps your feet comfortable all night long.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Sounds like a great solution, goatgurl!

I think we have a break from the cold. It has warmed up since sundown. Up to 20 degrees now. Forecast for balmy 30 degrees for next week.