Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Forecast is for 50 degrees and beautiful sunshine out there today! :love

Snow is melting and farm chores starting. DH cut burdock out of the sheep pasture. I wandered out too and cut a few stalks. The sheep follow me everywhere and now they're COVERED with burdock. :sigh: Leaning over those few times overdid it. I had to lie down the rest of the day. Can we say sore hips and back?

DH and DS were outside most of the day. I wish I knew what they were doing! :/

I went shopping this morning. I have quite a list so I split it into 2 trips. I was completely maxxed out just going to one store this morning. Resting until later afternoon for the second trip. I feel guilty for wasting gas, but reminding myself that it costs a heck of a lot less than putting myself in the hospital again!

The barn cat is now trained to stay on a chair inside. I enjoy having her in for cuddles, but I don't want her barn-poopy paws touching my carpet!! When she would get off the chair, I would unceremoniously dump her outside... in the snow. Didn't take long for her to choose to stay on the chair. :)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I've been overestimating what I can do... again :D

I went out to go grocery shopping today. I tried to go on Monday, but couldn't make it through my shopping list. I was thirsty, so stopped at a gas station to get a Gatorade. I was so exhausted from that, I dozed off in the car (parked!) to rest. Then headed to the grocery store. I used a wheelchair, my son did all the cart pushing and picking up items. He unloaded the cart at the checkout, put everything in the truck, and unloaded at home. I did like... nothing. I fell asleep when I got home. Have been feeling nauseated and terrible. I've been lying down all afternoon and evening. Getting up is difficult and my "irritable uterus" is contracting when I move. So much for starting cream cheese refrigerator cookies tonight. :(

The good news, is my son is WAY ahead in school. He only has to complete 25 attendance days in 2-1/2 months to meet the attendance requirements for the virtual charter school. So we can slow down on schooling and he can help out more tomorrow. I thought he would have a day off school today, but it's become clear he needs more structure in the evening. I'm not up to structured activity and DH is gone at a meeting, so DS is doing schoolwork this evening.

We are loving this weather. DS has been able to play outside for HOURS every day this week!!! :love

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's amazing how much better (and quicker!) they learn when there isn't 29 other kids distracting them, isn't it?

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
That's all great news! How super helpful he was at the store is awesome!
Glad the weather is breaking for yall too. The down side is the mud!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Snow is gone and the mud is pretty much dried up. Chickens are back to free ranging. Goats and sheep are out in the pasture most the time looking for tiny bits of fresh green stuff.

DH is about 1/2 done tilling the garden. We bought seeds and gladiolus bulbs. I have 1/2 the garden plan done and need to start tomatoes inside today.

DS is doing well. I finally figured out that his slow processing speed and low working memory are the reason for all his behaviors that drive us to frustration. Now I have even better ways to help him function. He has made MAJOR progress with writing in the last 3 days! I'm so proud of him!

I'm still pregnant! 33 weeks! :ya Just 3 more weeks and we are "home free"! I'm getting less superstitious about this; I finally bought a car seat! I haven't put it in the car yet. :p I bought a toddler bed for a friend; when it arrives she will give me DS's old crib. I still need to "tour" the hospital. I'm already familiar with L&D, but I need to ask about their policies. With DS (almost 8 years ago!!), I had midwives instead of OB and was at a different hospital.

I'm feeling an irrational need to buy containers to organize shelves in the bathroom. I think I'm going shopping today! ;)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
yup! It did! I ripped apart the bathroom shelves, organized everything! Went shopping, bought crib mattress and sheets. Had my son empty out the truck so we can vacuum it out and put the car seat in. Dishwasher, laundry, everything running full force!

:gig

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My nesting instinct got so bad with my second pregnancy (DD) that the afternoon before I went into labor, I was straddled across a small stream we had running across our land, pulling up the watercress and replanting it into a more pleasing pattern.... There was nothing left in the house that I could work on