Deficit Issue

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The space program is another one, that in these tough times may be a good place for cuts. Another cut (atleast I think so, but could be wrong) is in the military/defense/veterans programs the govt has been providing for (this may NOT be a good cut). Some of my concerns with this is bringing home our boys to a jobless future. With our economy struggling as it is and jobs being hard to come by now.....what's going to happen when the near non existent job market is flooded with returning militaries by the tens/hundreds of thousands. THAT spells disaster, no matter how ya look at it

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Is the USPS still in the federal budget? I thought it was spun off years ago as a private entity of some sort...

The space program is being shut down, as I understand it. But the federal debt limit is currently 14 TRILLION dollars ($14,000,000,000,000)...how can enough possibly be cut (or taxes raised) to pay that off...? It makes my head spin. :th

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Many of the proposed "cuts" are actually reductions in planned spending increases and NOT true cuts.

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The USPS is a piece of dung anyway. It should go away entirely. It is a government born and raised entity and full of bloat with over paid do-nothing supervisors. I think we should not save the USPS. Just think of all the bloated paychecks we would not have to write.

Even though we have benefited immensely from the space programs over the past 50 years maybe it's time to put that government born and raised entity on the shelf for a while.

Our spineless elected officials have absolutely no business experience (or they have forgotten what little they had) and cannot balance their own personal check books. If they really wanted to cut spending they could do away with about 150 nonsense bureaus that contribute absolutely nothing to our wonderful country. This amounts to about 12,000 people (most of whom do nothing at all) taken off the government (read "our") payroll.

If we would wake up and create a tax system based on the "fair tax plan" we could do away with the IRS. Oh, wouldn't that be wonderful!!! Thousands of those government employees would have to find jobs and do some real work for the first time in their lives. Can you tell I hate the IRS?

OK, I'm sure there are many of you reading this right now saying "but what about all the unemployment this would cause?".

A fix for the unemployment and revenue problem would be as follows:

1. Heavily tax American businesses based upon their foreign holdings (investments, possessions, factories, laboratories, and foreign employees).
2. Heavily tax all profit made by American businesses from their sales of foreign made products.
3. Increase sales tax on any product made outside the USA.
4. Shut down the immigration program(s) and stop ALL immigration into the USA. Our system is broken and we need to shut it down until fixed.
5. Ship ALL illegal immigrants back to their native countries. Do away with the stupid "anchor baby" law.
6. Close our borders and quadruple our military presence along both borders.
7. Cancel ALL foreign aid. All of the countries that accept foreign aid from the USA are like drug addicts, and have become dependent upon our generosity. They still hate us. Our elected officials have used foreign aid for decades to cause a dependency upon the USA.
8. Double our military strength. Make the sharing and sales of any military equipment and technology a capital offense.
9. Declare war on our own inner city gangs, drug users (yup I said users), drug pushers. Drug users are the problem because without them we wouldn't have pushers, cartels, gangs.
And here's the biggie:
10. Start massive educational programs (yeah, with government money) to teach the American public the damages and consequences of purchasing foreign made products. The cessation of foreign product sales in the USA would completely cure our unemployment problems. Sure it would take a long time to rebuild our manufacturing capabilities and it would cost trillions of $$, but it would be worth it.

Global economy? - I say B.S. Just tell me one item that we (the USA) could not do without from foreign countries.

Will some of these things be expensive? You bet your fanny they will be. But anything we do at this point is going to be extremely expensive anyway.

Please excuse my rant. But I love my country and I'm totally fed up with the fat, lazy, and useless cowards we have become.

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
MyKidLuvsGreenEgz said:
Would work.

Won't happen tho.
Nope. So many people are on the govt gravy-train now, that they will only vote for politicians who they believe will keep the gravy-train going. Now, politicians understand this implicitly, of course, so won't do anything to damage the gravy-train because all they really care about is being re-elected. So more programs/benefits are dreamed up, so more votes can be bought with our tax money, which creates more gravy-train-dependent people. And so the cycle continues, spending money like drunken sailors until the country is bankrupt. :he

ETA:corrected for spelling.

eroommij

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Global economy? - I say B.S. Just tell me one item that we (the USA) could not do without from foreign countries.

Oil ??

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hey Gina----I hear that California wants to become 2 states....which would you be North Carolifornia or South California?
do you think that will happen LOL LOL

oops edited to say I see you are South California

would a 51st state help or hinder the country hahaha