Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
The washer just finished, so I guess I have to go back to work.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Wish I could borrow some of your energy. Being sick, trying to get well and trying to get ready for a mini vacation all at the same time doesn't really work!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, I didn't get everything done. RU is away and I had to feed her horses. I didn't have time to clean the kitchen at all this morning, so I planned on doing it when I got home. I wasn't home 10 minutes when I suddenly realized that I hadn't let a horse out of a stall! So that meant I had to go back to the farm!

By the time I got back home, hubby was home. And I just don't get stuff done-especially in the kitchen-when he's home. So instead I went out and checked my garden. The bunny is still in there. I don't know if it's trapped in there or what. I called hubby, and we tried to see where it went, but couldn't. I saw it in there after he went back in the house. So, I'm trying to put some other stuff in there to see if it might like that better than my beans. If I find something else it will eat, I want to trap it and get it out of there!

My sauce still isn't cooked down enough. But I'm not planning on staying at the farm as late tomorrow. It's going to be really hot again. I thought of riding Misty some tomorrow, but w/as hot as it's going to be, I think I'm going to wait until Friday. I figured out why she was giving me so much trouble on Monday, she's in heat and has other things on her mind. But, I was able to get the lesson in, and actually did pretty good. I think once I get past this stage, I should progress much quicker.

So, I'll put my sauce back in the fridge, then tomorrow I'll finally finish it-just in time to do more on Friday!

Almost forgot to say, I got my broody and the chicks moved this morning. She's fine w/all 5. Of course, the older 3 are almost double the size of the younger ones. When I got back to the farm after working, she was outside w/all 5 of them teaching them how to scratch in the dirt for food. So it looks like she's going to be a good mother.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Today is going to be another hot one. It's supposed to be close to 90*! I thought we were done w/all the heat. Guess I was wrong. But, it is supposed to be cooler tomorrow. Plus, we could get some rain tonight. I hope we do. We could use it.

Today promises to be another busy one. I need to get the sauce done and the kitchen clean. It's almost to the point I want it, so that's good. And, I think this is the way to go. It's a bit of a learning curve to do it in the crock pot, but it kept my kitchen much cooler. I have more tomatoes to pick, so I'll be doing sauce again tomorrow. So, since I have a lot to do, here's my list for today:

1. Wash and hang out a load of clothes
2. Fold and put away a load of clothes
3. Clean bedroom
4. Normal farm chores
5. Clean field and spread manure
6. Finish moving stone around in my area
7. Finish sauce
8. Clean kitchen
9. Work in DD's old room
10. Feed goats and bunny
11. Work in orchard area

I think this is enough for today.

hqueen13

Reaction score
What's your recipe for sauce? Or are you basically just cooking the tomatoes down?
Its warmer here today with a threat of rain. Since I'm in the office I closed all the windows in the house. We probably won't get any rain now, LOL.

WendyJ

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Today promises to be another busy one. I need to get the sauce done and the kitchen clean. It's almost to the point I want it, so that's good. And, I think this is the way to go. It's a bit of a learning curve to do it in the crock pot, but it kept my kitchen much cooler. I have more tomatoes to pick, so I'll be doing sauce again tomorrow.

Nice. Once you get used to lengths of time you might be able to leave things to cook down over night too. We do that quite often (did it with veggie stock last night), other than having yummy smells come from the kitchen keeping us awake all night (the time we did BBQ style ribs), it can be really handy.

hqueen13

Reaction score
Forgot to mention that it stinks when you forget to do something while animal sitting! Wouldn't be the first time I've done something silly like that, or even just second guessed myself!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
HQ, I just cook it down. I don't add anything to it.

Wendy, I didn't want to cook it down overnight cuz I didn't want to have to can it B4 I left for the farm this morning. It's much easier for me to have it cooking during the day.

Today was one of the days that I didn't finish my list. First off, I forgot that I had to put the junk back in my trailer since it could rain. Plus, I had ordered a small video camera from Wal-Mart, and had gotten an e-mail that it was in. So, I had to get my camera. I'm hoping to play around w/it some so I can start making and posting videos. If I get a U-Tube channel, I'll let all y'all know so you can check it out. The camera's just a cheapy, but as long as it works, I'll be happy.

So, while I got more of my stones moved around, I didn't get all of it done. And while I got part of the kitchen cleaned, I didn't get it all done. And, I didn't touch DD's room.

But the good news is, I got the sauce done! I'm hoping I can do it this way all the time. I finally got the lid put right, so it was nice and thick when I got home. And, it was so much easier than doing it on the stove top. Plus, I didn't heat the kitchen all up.

Hubby is drunk again, and is driving me nuts. He just won't shut up and I'm tired of listening to him rattling on and on and on. Telling him to be quiet no longer works. He gets all offended. I'll be glad when I get the basement done. I want to be able to relax w/out having to deal w/him.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I have a lot to do this morning B4 I can leave. I have to pick more tomatoes and sauce them. I'm hoping I won't be out as long today, but since I don't have to go anywhere, I shouldn't be. I also need to do the last of the peaches in the dehydrator. I really, really wish I didn't have to go to the farm, but could just walk outside to take care of my animals. But since I can't, here's my list for today:

1. Pick tomatoes and sauce them
2. Dehydrate rest of the peaches
3. Wash a load of laundry and hang it out
4. Fold and put away a load of laundry
5. Normal farm chores
6. Finish moving stones
7. Work w/and ride Misty
8. Finish cleaning kitchen
9. Dishes
10. Work in basement
11. Work in DD's room
12. Feed goats and bunny
13. Finish weeding orchard area

Tomorrow is going to be more relaxing-I hope. They're having an outdoor expo about 1 1/2 hours from here and hubby and I are going. I'm hoping to get some ideas I can use for making money. He's not sure if he's going to enjoy himself. I don't want to get there and have him act like a little kid whining about going home.

hqueen13

Reaction score
Interesting on the sauce. I might have to try that some time. Do you skin the tomatoes first?
Good luck with your list. I have a long one too today!

Latest posts