Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
It's going to be a beautiful day! Too bad I have a meeting tonight. I have a lot I'd be doing outside. But it is what it is. Hubby has left, and I need to get busy. I need to make more no bake cookies since I have nothing to munch on. So my list for today is:

1. Make cookies
2. Dishes
3. Laundry
4. Work
5. Normal farm chores
6. Replace 2 broken fence posts
7. Work on RP
8. Clean field and mow
9. Normal animal chores
10. House work
11. Meeting

I should have all the posts in for my RP today! I'll get the hardware on Tuesday, then finish it on Wednesday and will be able to start using it next week!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I'm finally starting to feel normal. And while I got some stuff done, I feel like I missed a whole week. I have a ton of dishes that need to be done. I have laundry that needs to be put away. I got almost nothing done in the garden, yard or orchard. I didn't do firewood. But, looking on the bright side, I replaced the fence posts. They've been needing to be done for months. And I got all the posts in for my RP. Next week is a new week. Hopefully I'll feel better. Only problem being, it's going to be super hot again.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Today is going to be a nasty day. I had wanted to work w/horses, but I'm just not up to it in this type of weather. It's already around 80*, and is going up into the upper 90s! I may just give them all a bath. They might enjoy that.

I'm going to go to work for a bit this morning. I hope I don't need to do anything too physical. I'd rather just sit on a tractor and mow in this type of weather.

I need to do some laundry. I think I'll throw it in my washer, and hang it out when I get home. I just hope I get home early enough for it to dry. And I really need to do dishes. So I need to get off of here and get started. So my list for today is:

1. Housework
2. Laundry
3. Dishes
4. Work
5. Normal farm chores
6. Clean around hay shelter and finish it
7. Wash horses?
8. Normal animal chores
9. Yard/garden/orchard
10. Firewood

That's enough and I need to get busy.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I got a lot done today, just not everything I'd planned on doing.

First off, since I left early, w/the exception of folding and putting away some clothes, I didn't really do anything around the house first, but since I'd planned to get home fairly early, I figured I'd just do it then.

I forgot to put clean the field on my list. I got it all cleaned. And the horses still left hay! Plus there's still a lot of fairly tall grass. I'm hoping I'm able to continue putting out that amount of hay. It will save me a bundle!

It was so hot out, that I took of my shoes and went barefoot until I had the field cleaned. I still have some spiny pigweed coming up in the field, so I had to watch for that. It does NOT feel good to step on that! When I got the field cleaned, I put on a pair of water shoes, and went and spread the manure. Then I sat back and ate lunch. I don't always do that, but am trying to make the time now. I think that was a big part of my problem last week.

After lunch, I decided I was going to go ahead and wash the horses. It was just so hot out that I was dripping. I wasn't sure how they'd react, but I was hoping since it was so hot they'd enjoy it. Plus, I had just washed my saddle pad the other day, so I really wanted to get her clean. And I figured if I washed them, they'd dry by the time I was done w/the hay shelter and I could put fly spray on them, so that's what I did. For the most part, they were fine w/it. I'm hoping I can wash them every week or two.

W/the horses washed, I picked up a lot of trash around my hay shelter. Then, I got the furring strips on the bottom. Unless I need to put some pieces on either corners or the top, other than the doors, I'm done! It took me a bit longer than I expected, but I had so little left to do by the time I wanted to get done that I worked later than planned.

Once that was done, I got Stormy fed, bagged feed, fly sprayed the horses, put out hay, put away my tools and the rest of the wood, took care of the chickens and left.

Since I left later than I'd planned, I didn't get home until 4:00. I had planned on being home by 3:00. I put the clothes out on the line, then relaxed for a bit. I got more of the dishes done, did a little bit of housework and went out to feed the animals. By then, my clothes were dry. Once I got done everything, it was 7:00, so I didn't worry about doing anything in the gardens or firewood. Came in and got my shower, ate dinner, put up w/hubby (he's drunk again), then put a load of clothes in the washer. My washer has a delayed timer. I have it set to wash at around 5:45. That way, I'll be able to get them out on the line in the morning w/no problem.

Hubby is asleep, so I'm relaxing for a bit then heading to bed.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Today is going to be another hot one, and I have to do more than I'd like. I have my appointments today, but I HAVE to go to the hay auction. It's going to be a hot, dry day, so I don't feel like going but at the same time, it's been bad weather for most Tuesdays. So, if I'm going to start storing hay, I don't have much choice.

Putting the clothes in the washer and putting it on the delay helped. My clothes are almost ready to go on the line. So I need to get moving. My list for today is:

1. Laundry
2. Dishes
3. Housework
4. Normal animal chores
5. Bible study
6. Hay auction
7. Appointments
8. Errands
9. Normal animal chores
10. Motorcycle run

I'll be getting what I need to finish my RP today! I have my lesson tomorrow, so I won't be able to finish it until Thursday or Friday, but at least it will be done!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Tell me about it! Hubby was watching golf the other day and one of the balls went past a white roof. At first, I thought it was snow and was thinking how nice and cool it looked Then I realized it was a roof. Oh well.

I got everything done on my list, but it wasn't easy. I was able to do the housework and laundry I wanted to do B4 I left, but wasn't able to do dishes. So, I figured I could do them when I got home. I was able to get hay at the hay auction, but wasn't able to load it up. I paid for it and left. I went back to the farm, gave Stormy some more feed, got changed and left. Stormy was NOT happy! I only gave him a pound of feed. He was expecting more. But what he didn't realize is that I'm now giving him 3 feedings a day. I have him up to 7 lbs. of feed and am hoping to get him up to 9. So, his 1st and 3rd feeding are 3 lbs., the 2nd is 1-for now.

Went to my appointments, ran my errands (got most of what I needed to finish my RP-they didn't have enough bolt snaps. But, they had enough so that I can make it work), got gas and started home. Hubby called told me it looked like it was going to rain, so I swung by the auction and covered my hay. Got home, did some dishes, fed animals and grabbed a quick bite to eat, then went on my motorcycle ride. After the ride, I went back to the farm, gave Stormy his 3rd feeding, took care of the chickens, put out hay then went home. And it's a good thing I covered my hay. We did get a quick shower. I have no idea how much we got, nor how widespread the showers were, but at least my hay should be dry.

Now I'm relaxing and getting ready to go to bed.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Today is going to be a busy day. But, at least it's not as hot out. It was so much cooler last night, I slept w/the window open-until around 4:00. Then I started to smell something-namely skunk! I don't know what it sprayed, but it was near the house. So I got up and closed the window. Then, I didn't want to get up when the alarm went off. Finally did, hubby has left for work, I have clothes in the washer and I need to get busy. So here's my list for today:

1. Laundry
2. Housework
3. Normal animal chores
4. Lesson
5. Work
6. Feed store/TSC/bank
7. Get hay
8. Normal home animal chores
9. Dishes

I won't be unloading the hay today. Instead I'll just unhook the trailer.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I'm tired! I got done my list early! Rather than do some stuff that wasn't on it, I decided to stop early, then get a shower and relax. I do need to put clean sheets on my bed, but that won't take long.

Reason I got done early is because I got done work early. Then, instead of taking Misty home, I dropped the trailer and left her at EH's while I ran my errands. That saved me a bunch of time since I was already halfway to the feed store by then.

I think my tomorrow I'll be caught up on the laundry and dishes. So hopefully I can start moving forward w/all that I need to do.