Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My hens are the same....if it's cloudy for a day or so they hold back, lol. They want spring as much as we do!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
They're calling for more rain today, but it's going to be in the 50s!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
We got lovely snow on Monday and then it turned to sleet/freezing rain, and then it turned to pouring rain by Tuesday midday. It was GROSS. Most of the snow is gone now, but there are rumors of more coming... I guess we'll see what happens. I'm ready for spring, but NOT the mud!!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I have so much mud right now I dread putting out hay. I just didn't have the time B4 winter hit to do the cleaning that I wanted to do. I come home filthy dirty every day.

We got the snow on Monday as well, which then change to rain. Other than places where the snow was piled up from plowing though, it's all gone. We did have some very nasty winds. There were trees down, power outages, etc.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Yikes, I'm glad it wasn't that bad here. I didn't hear of any real power outages. I think we've been lucky all things considered. It could have been a lot worse!
Mud is so frustrating!! And its going to be here in full force. I'm glad we're getting the bale out tonight and not this weekend when its supposed to be really warm. At least right now there is still a layer of frozen so its not too terrible, and in the mornings its still completely frozen.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Welcome to my (muddy) world. We have literally been mostly dry for about a week now - and then I hear that we're expecting a possible 3 inches early next week.... :hit

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
same here -- Snow Monday, late day rain stay as sleet....Tuesday AM rain & almost 60....Wed & today mid 40, tomorrow mid 50 & weekend mid 60!! :weee I'm going to "pretend" it will stay and enjoy the warm & sun. Going to pick up some Copper Marans & Black (or Blue or Splash or ALL) Ameraucanas. :clap Will get trio adults and 5 day old chicks -- I'm a sucker for punishment, chicks with this weather! BUT...I will have blue eggs, I will have blue eggs -- & dark brown, too.