Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I like to ride, think often of getting another horse for that, then realize I have no time -- why spend $$.:oops:

The hen I have who "wants" to go broody, seems to have decided to do so. 36 hrs on nest of "fake eggs"....if she stays another 36 hrs I will get her some fertile eggs! I haven't had a hen with chicks in so, so many years and would love to. Maybe it will happen now. :love Not that I need more. Just cute.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I didn't get to ride today. I get to the farm and find not 1, not 2, not 3 but 4 horses in the riding arena! Plus my broody has gotten 3 of her eggs broken since everyone wants to lay in that nesting box. Never mind that there's 2 other nesting boxes that they could use. So tomorrow, I'll be setting up a broody area for her, then getting one of my old, broody houses and putting her in there. I know I'm going to have to staple some of the mesh over the door to keep her in there. Hopefully, she'll calm down soon.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Just a quick update:

Most of my 2nd flower garden is weeded. I had hoped to finish it yesterday, but was just too tired. I went to bed B4 8:30. But then again, I've been putting in 12 hour days minimum.

I have one more wall in my kitchen that needs to be washed. But it's going to take the longest since I need to move stuff to do so. It will get done on Wednesday. I have started washing the cabinets, and I did a small section of the floor down on my hands and knees.

My living room is the cleanest it's been in a long time. I still have one small section that needs to be done. I'd really like to clean the carpet, but DS borrowed my carpet cleaner, broke it and never replaced it.

I've started doing a small amount of cleaning in both my room and the basement. As I get the other rooms done, I'll be doing more there. But since people don't see them, they're not as important.

I started working on the new broody area. But, in every place I tried to dig to put a post for the door to the pen, I hit rock. So, I'm going to have to cut a post to fit. I can't get down the 2 ft. I need, but can get down a bit more than a foot. Hopefully that will be deep enough. So, I gave the broody new eggs, put a piece of mesh over that box and stapled it in place. I took her remaining eggs that she had been on and stuck them in the incubator.

And, I rode Misty! It wasn't long, and she did give me some problems, but I plan on riding a couple of times a week, so that should help a lot.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I had a tiring day. I finally got to that last part of my living room. I got most of it cleaned. I left that part of the room for last, so had the rest of the room clean first. I still need to wash the wall there, but once that's done, other than vacuuming under the couch, and doing the windows, the living room is clean.

I also got my field clean. LF rented an aerator, and told me I could use it. But, I didn't want to use it until the field was clean. Of course, by the time I got done, and got in w/the aerator, they had done some more piles, but it wasn't bad. And, I got the chicken house where the broody is clean.

When I got home, I relaxed for a bit, then helped hubby move some wood and worked in my flower garden. Then I made dinner. I need to go out and move my plants-they're on a shelf outside of my greenhouse. I'm going to stick them in and hope they're warm enough. But, it's supposed to be warmer tonight, so hopefully they'll be fine. Once I come in, I think I'm going to go to bed. For some reason, I'm tired.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
And I'll be doing more of it today!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Sounds like you're making awesome progress! I need to get started on some things, too. I have seeds I bought, but they're not going to grow in the packet...

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Slowly but surely, I'm getting done.

B4 I left the house this morning, I was able to finish that last section of the living room! I'd really like to vacuum under the couch, but I can't move it. And, I should see if I can move my MIL's chair. It's not in a good place, but we had no place else to put it after she died. And, it's heavy. It's the kind that helps you stand up. I also got the bathroom clean. I forgot that I needed to get clothes washed and out on the line, so while I was able to get them in the washer B4 I left, I couldn't wait to put them out. I did that once I got home.

After Bible study, I pulled out a bunch of baling twine, got a post put in to set up my new broody area, and got some of the holes the chickens had dug in there filled in.

Once I got home, I not only got the clothes out on the line, but I also got a load put away, did some dishes and made dinner! Then, I went out w/my MC group. We had a new guy ride w/us. I had met him in Hobby Lobby and gave him one of the cards. I'm hoping he'll continue to ride w/us. We went for ice cream in the town I grew up in. I had just mentioned that I never see anyone I went to school w/when a woman got out of her car. I kept looking at her, then finally went up to her. Sure enough, it was someone I went to school with! And, she has family members that ride, so I gave her a card.

Tomorrow, I plan on working Licorice in the RP, then I'll do more of the chicken area. I have to have a broody area all done by next week. That's when my first batch of chicks is due.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
What a lovely day! Sounds like you got a ton done and had some fun, too. I love these spring days when I can be so productive and get to enjoy myself. Too bad the weather isn't always like this!