Do you have the right to choose your own food source???

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Here is a link to a blog I found and have followed for a year or more.

The article she quotes is about raw milk, and the court is arguing in Iowa that Americans don't have a given right to choose our own food and where it comes from.

Milk today. What tomorrow? That is the real question.

http://tnfarmgirl.blogspot.com

"The FDA essentially believes that nobody has the right to choose what to eat or drink," said the Natural News site, which explains it covers topics that allow individuals to make positive changes in their health, environmental sensitivity and consumer choices.
"You are only 'allowed' to eat or drink what the FDA gives you permission to. There is no inherent right or God-given right to consume any foods from nature without the FDA's consent."

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:barnie Its "laws" like this that make ME a rebel! How dare they tell us what we can and can not eat or drink!??? Oh, I know, it has been going on for years and years...but...that is exactly why we have decided to do " our own thing" Raise our meat, veggies, fruits, and yes, soon...milk!

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
justusnak said:
:barnie Its "laws" like this that make ME a rebel! How dare they tell us what we can and can not eat or drink!??? Oh, I know, it has been going on for years and years...but...that is exactly why we have decided to do " our own thing" Raise our meat, veggies, fruits, and yes, soon...milk!
Same thing happens in medicine, they want to tell everyone what they should and shouldn't do, what medications they have to give their children etc. etc.
its a never ending power trip! :somad

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
"They" have been telling us how to live our lives for many years. They do it because they do not believe we know enough to live our own lives. "They" step in and keep us safe because we are not capable of doing it ourselves.

I broke free "them" the day I canned my first jar of butter. It felt good !

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
We, as a nation, hand them that power. Most people really do feel safer knowing someone bigger and stronger and smarter is telling them what to do.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Clicking on it didn't work for me in Safari. I had to type it in for some reason.

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Raw milk is out and yet high fructose corn syrup is in more items than I can believe. . .
Can anyone truly believe it is about the best interest of the American consumer???

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
I guess the raw milk lobby doesn't line any politician's pocket like the corn lobby does.

Our entire food system in this country is weird. These regulations come about because of factory farming and the contaminants it can spread to millions of consumers. The same level of regulation is just not necessary for local food that can only spread contamination to *maybe* a hundred people. Enforcing these on a small market just doesn't make sense economically as far as I can see.