Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I watched a good amount of the video that you posted, BeeKissed. Very informative insight into true "in-town" farming. No doubt he has expanded over a period of time it is also important to note that this IS right in town, so the market is there for families and many restaurants. Even those of us further out could take this into account as many of us DO live within a short commute to such a rich market. Takes time, dedication and perseverance. He works hard & smart.

Even if you are just wanting to garden in your yard for your own use only -- there are some great pointers for making use of every inch, more than one time. I heard him say they teach "courses" more than once, so he is using his teaching to assist in earnings.

This weekend I networked with some crafters about a yr round yard sale type "market" that is a great location, established and has a mix of offerings. You rent a space and sell your wares. Looking into this for both crafts and produce from farm. We will see how that goes. It's a 40 mile drive but, could be worth it. Visiting market this coming wknd to just be a customer who can check the traffic.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Is it one of those places where the place is open all the time and you're expected to leave goods in your space all the time? I've talked to people who tried that model and they had trouble with stock being stolen; people were supposed to help at the central register but tended to just keep an eye on their own stuff.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Is it one of those places where the place is open all the time and you're expected to leave goods in your space all the time? I've talked to people who tried that model and they had trouble with stock being stolen; people were supposed to help at the central register but tended to just keep an eye on their own stuff.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nope. You come in, set up, take down & leave. Actually a huge lotted area with office that has been there a while. Some of the older venders have set up some wooden open air stalls but most set up a tent for the day. Just a lot of traffic as it's been going on for a long time. Some venders are there Sat/Sun each week, others one day a month or just an occasional. Obviously many constant crafters.

Will see just how it's set when I go visit. But, we may have a rained out weekend with the hurricane....don't know yet. I only plan to "visit" this week, LOL. Case it out first.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
So now I'm left wondering how it went....:idunnoWell since this is about eliminating bills thread I paid off a personal loan today instead of letting it play out for another 10 months, and so I saved a hundred or so in interest payments. I'm happy :celebrate

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Me too, it eats at my brain to know how much I'm spending per day just in interest....my home is the big one, but it doesn't bother me AS much now that the rent covers it, but I still think how much I'm losing considering that could be profit instead of interest. I'm finance OCD I think.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The OP hasn't been on in quite a while. I wondered also!

My husband is not frugal, at all. I am also finance OCD. He gets so mad at me because I'm always trying to save a penny, lol. But I figure since he is the one making money, part of my financial contribution is to save money.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's always nice when someone else (renter) is paying the mortgage and that interest payment too!

Latest posts