FarmerJamie - A new beginning

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Her expectations may be a little too much. You may have to bring her back down to earth. Do pay attention and value her input. Then gently explain why this or that is not feasible right now. Pick a few of her want list activities and do them to make her happy and feel valued.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I immediately "saw":
1. extension of the front door stoop. Run it along the front, kinda like a veranda. Don't need a roof yet. But def a TREX deck.
2. Shrubs, low growing, next to the new deck.
3. Replace the irregular shrubs on the right (lower level) and make it a swooping interesting place of a variety of shrubs and pavers.
4. See that little scraped area of dirt down near the road off the driveway. Plant some of the same trees now, so that they have time to grow up to match the rest.

Questions cus I love RE:
1. Is that a metal roof?
2. Will you own the land behind the pool?
3. If so, what is the shed?

This was our home in Rochester NY back in the early 70's. As a teen, I liked the lower level.
Great ideas!

I am not an evergreen person, the one on the front I will be removing. Decking front and back are in next year's plans (Trex for the win!). Bushes to attract hummingbirds and butterflies are high on my list. The overall design I will let the property speak to me.

House is 20 years old, we are the second owner. Metal roof is 2 years old.

The scraped area is an embankment. On my mental list is to decide on ground cover for it.

Property goes back past the shed. It's a little utility shed, I may move it closer to house.

I got the leach field map from the county. Going to have to measure it out to make the final decision on garden location. However, I have my list started for trough gardens.

One step at a time!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Follow up decisions
1. Determine move date and last date of rental
2. Determine feasibility of switching kitchen stove to propane. If so, have work done to provide option of switching furnace and water heater to propane in the future
3. Determine painting scheme
4. Review remaining funds, prioritize immediate purchases

Figure out just how crazy we are. 😆

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
The kids are excited, volunteering their time and labor. A painting party or two will be had!

The son called this morning about helping with the garden and landscaping. He is pumped.

The kids all commented positively on the pool. :lol: :th

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Family furniture ordered. 6-8 weeks.
Cable/internet activation later in the day today.

Knew we were going to, wife bought a new metal storage rack for storage basement. Will be setting it up tonight. This way I can empty the existing shelves, put the stuff up, then bring the old shelves over. Don't want to have to handle things twice if I can help it.

Will do more wall/baseboard cleaning tonight and then tape for next round of painting. The outlets and switches are a real dingy beige, so I need to start swapping out new. Forgot my tools yesterday needed for that task
Prep completed for remaining painting needed prior to Saturday.

First use of new storage shelves....new canning jars. Will bring some every trip

Wifi set up and working

20231106_195359.jpg

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wife is improving. I got her egg drop soup three days in a row. She is running from store to store getting the unplanned things. Glad she is doing it, but the planned packing stuff is behind. Trying to pitch in and gently coax things along.
We are certainly going down to the wire.

Yesterday she rented a van to go pick up the deeply discounted office furniture. I have them unloaded in the garage.

She has to be at the house for a delivery today, so her plan is to wipe down the kitchen cabinets.

I had volunteer gig stuff last night and again tonight, so I did very little beyond the office furniture.
Plan for this weekend is to have the two small bedrooms painted, the family room painted, and the kitchen completely done with the exception of the window treatments. Set up office furniture.

Debating on whether or to take the cats over Saturday to hang out.

Last edited: