FarmerJamie - A new beginning

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
that was some mutha for sure.... wow!

we got ours later - earlier this morning it was something else. no damage but wow!

CrimsonRose

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I got almost no sleep last night... the lightning was so bad it was like daylight and the thunder shook the whole house... it died down a bit then started back up this morning... at least the garden got water.... that is if it didn't blow away... as soon as the rain lets up I have to go up the hill and make sure we don't have any fried rabbit in a cage... :ep

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
I wonder how many outages we'll have today. :rolleyes:

I now view all storms as "oh god. I'll be sooo busy at work now" lol!

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
No damage here. I don't think we got it as bad as some. Just some puddles in the driveway when I went out this morning. Thunder woke me up last night but it didn't seem to last real long and the power flickered off/on once. My only problem was that the wind dumped the water out of the hummingbird feeders so I had to make more sugar water for them.

Rhettsgreygal

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We had a couple tornadoes earlier this week not all that far northwest of here. There was one fatality related to the tornadoes - a person in hospice care died after losing power. There were several barns, houses and other buildings damaged.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
FarmerJamie said:
Last night about 2 am, we had an intense storm blow through. Lost power a couple of times, had some minor damage with the coops/runs that I fixed this morning. Some of the taller plants in the garden took a beating. North and west of us got it worse.

How did you other NE Ohio fare?

Have a great day!
It blew thru here HARD, but so far so good. The only damage I had was the shade cloth was blown off the chicken run, and was laying across the street in the neighbors front yard. That and a few small limbs came out of the trees out front.
Glad you two have made it through safely and with little damage.

Kala

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
All of our corn is now lying on the ground. :( Luckily a lot of was pretty close to being ready to pick anyway. We live up on a ridge so it always makes the storm sound worse than it is. When we first moved here the first storm we had I thought the whole house was gonna blow over :hide That was one heck of a light show to watch last night though!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
During the half-time of the Browns/Eagles game just now (yes, Denim Deb, the Eagles are kicking the Brown's rear-ends), the local news station is reporting a tornado touched down in that mess about 30 miles NW of us in this morning's early storm.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I don't really care about the Eagles. Don't like their QB, and I'm not much of a football fan. (Now baseball, that's another story!) I think we may have gotten your storm today, it just wasn't quite as powerful.