Favorite Homemade Sweets

Okiepan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
As the title suggests your favorite confectionary delights made from scratch ??

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What is your recipe?
2 cups pureed pumpkin/squash
8 oz cream cheese softened
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 c sugar
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice or equivalent
3 eggs
3/4 c almond flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp butter melted

heat oven to 350 and grease 10 inch pie pan

Beat cream cheese and pumpkin until combined, add in vanilla and sugar mix well and beat in eggs.
In a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt together-mix in melted butter until combined and small lumps are formed.
Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well.
Pour into pie pan and bake for 45-50 minutes. I bake until the middle of the pie is firm not goopy

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I can't eat real oatmeal these days with my sugar problems, but I found a recipe for a low carb substitute that's amazing; even my son, who doesn't like oatmeal, likes this. It's called N'oatmeal . For one bowl:
1/2 cup water (or more if needed for preferred texture)
2 tablespoons hemp hearts
2 tablespoons almond flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
1 tablespoon golden flaxseed meal
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 pinch salt
1/4 teaspoon granulated stevia/erythritol blend or any kind of sweetener you like, to taste (I really like the brown sugar Swerve)
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Mix together everything except the sweetener and the vanilla and microwave it for about a minute. Add the remaining ingredients plus any add-ins you'd like (fruit, peanut butter, whatever)

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
FE5AA0E7-C5B5-4E0E-96AD-ACB34639BB3B.jpeg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Only if it is homemade from fresh cherries.
Yep... You nailed it. Homemade with fresh tart cherries. Double cherry is the best. None of that thin single layer pie, not with cherry pie. Go deep dish or go home 😊

You didn't ask about second favorite. But mine is straight out of the oven blackberry cobbler topped with pecan ice cream. 😋

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just a FYI...

This is the results of strictly limiting sweets and lots of exercise. When I say strictly limited I mean a small amount of something sweet once a month and no soda or sweetened drinks. Water and black coffee are good enough for me.

Here's the results! I've had this belt for many years, I wear it daily. You can see the worn notches. The distance between each notch is 1 1/2 inches.
IMG_20220524_110203093~2.jpg

First notch is winter with sweets
Second notch is summer with sweets
Third notch is winter with strictly limited sweets
Forth notch is the beginning of summer with strictly limited sweets.

So essentially my waist has been reduced by 1.5 x 2 = 3 inches and it's just the beginning of summer. I have to admit this was very hard to do. I really like cherry pie, it's my favorite dessert. I used to call cherry pie the breakfast of champions 😅But I made a promise to my granddaughter's, based on my last doctor's visit because they wanted to know the results of my doctor's visit so I told the the absolute truth ❤️. If a man can't keep a promise to his grandchildren, then a man is ... We'll, I simply won't go there. You can fill in the ...

But the real question is... Where do I go from here?
1) Enjoy and be thankful for feeling absolutely great again \o/
2) Buy a new belt
3) As my jeans wear out, go down to the next lower waist size again and again until I have no more big jeans left 😅

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸