Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ugh - Texans did NOT win. But fishing was productive. We caught fish but tossed 'em all back.

My neighbor is working on enlarging my pond. YaY! If it ever gets big enough I'll bring home a few of those bluegills. Oh wait - it'll have to do some serious raining before I can even think about bringing home fish for the pond. Oh well...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ugh - Texans did NOT win. But fishing was productive. We caught fish but tossed 'em all back.

My neighbor is working on enlarging my pond. YaY! If it ever gets big enough I'll bring home a few of those bluegills. Oh wait - it'll have to do some serious raining before I can even think about bringing home fish for the pond. Oh well...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i ended up on the first post to this thread and so i read it and enjoyed but love this answer of them all the most... :)

100% agreed!

I've been a lurker here long enough! I think it's time to start my own journal because I've gotten to the age where if I don't write it down - it didn't happen! :( I love reading other folks journals - I glean great ideas and inspiration from you folks!
27. What would your ideal super hero/villain be? A super hero that could heal all the damage weve done to our planet.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Woke up to 70 degrees this morning! That was so nice! However, the cooler weather must've convinced the crazy 4-legged, whining hay -eaters that live in the pasture that it would be ok to add to my work load. Since it's cooler...ya know? They literally broke a fence post and climbed into the hay-storage area. GRRRRRR! They weren't in there this morning when I went out - but the evidence certainly was. When I went in there to assess the damage they showed me exactly how some of them have learned to climb a leaning stock panel just like a ladder. The others squeezed through the gap that the leaning panel created. I managed to patch it for now, but I need to sink a new post. Oh joy...I had a brief thought of just leaving it and going fishing!

Also decided to put a couple of does into the area that has the extremely overgrown raised beds. Hope they'll eat that down for me. Goats do have a positive side - sometimes.

Need to find something to thaw out for dinner.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Woke up to 70 degrees this morning! That was so nice! However, the cooler weather must've convinced the crazy 4-legged, whining hay -eaters that live in the pasture that it would be ok to add to my work load. Since it's cooler...ya know? They literally broke a fence post and climbed into the hay-storage area. GRRRRRR! They weren't in there this morning when I went out - but the evidence certainly was. When I went in there to assess the damage they showed me exactly how some of them have learned to climb a leaning stock panel just like a ladder. The others squeezed through the gap that the leaning panel created. I managed to patch it for now, but I need to sink a new post. Oh joy...I had a brief thought of just leaving it and going fishing!

Also decided to put a couple of does into the area that has the extremely overgrown raised beds. Hope they'll eat that down for me. Goats do have a positive side - sometimes.

Need to find something to thaw out for dinner.
:ep Oh those smart little goats!!!! well, add that to the days to-do,,,

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:ep Oh those smart little goats!!!! well, add that to the days to-do,,,

when i was renting a place in TN i used to feed the goats carrots (oh and bits of apples too) and they knew exactly where i lived so when they got out of their pasture they'd come and hang out on my porch. i'd call the landlord and he'd come round 'em up.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They have tremendous memories! 👍
Like an elephant!

Sooooo, brought up a few does last night to get them away from their babies. Wait - that was a mis-statement. Their babies are OLD! Like 6 - 9 month old "babies." Two of the does I brought up did NOT have full bags this morning so looks like they've mostly weaned their kids. However, one of them had a nice full udder so I took advantage of it. Punkin however was NOT impressed. Guess she got left out of milk-stand training this spring. She got a nice lesson this morning and I got a pint of milk for my efforts. I didn't strip her out, just showed her that it wasn't such a horrible procedure. We'll repeat the lesson this evening.