Good Thoughts for Sally

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Just had to check on Sam before going to bed. Glad to hear she is improving. Thanks for taking the time to let us know, Sally.

And we'll keep up the positive thoughts, hugs, prayers and overall good healing vibes :love :hugs :thumbsup
And a cute bunny just for giggles, cause giggles are good :bun

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
Sending vibes out to the universe for healing for Sam and gratitude for finally getting to the bottom of the problem. {{hugs}}

Thanks, BB for letting us know!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Just checked in and I'm glad she's doing well honey! :hugs Prayers for continued smooth sailing!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I am so happy to hear that Sam is improving!!! I don't have your email Sally, but I want you to know that I am keeping you girls in my prayers :hugs

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh the power of prayer! and positive thoughts.

So happy to hear Sam in improving,I have faith things are going be fine.
Hang in the Sally, be sure to remember to take care of yourself to.

Always in my prayers.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh my goodness!!! Merle, thank you bunches for putting this out here.

Sally, sending up words for you and Sam. I'm so glad to hear that she is doing well and they found what was causing her issues. Good team of Doctors!!

Praying she'll continue to improve and will come home happy & healthier than she has ever been. :hugs :hugs :hugs

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Sorry, a little late.

This is the email Sally sent me yesterday;

I found out today that Sam has "antitrypsin deficiency". Here is a link: https://health.google.com/health/ref/Alpha-1+antitrypsin+deficiency It is a genetic disorder...and it explains a lot, it seems to be a "European descent" problem. Unfortunately this isn't the news I was hoping for. According to the Dr, she is going to have to live with this chronic disorder her whole life. I was really hoping her quality of life would improve after this. Finally, "the answer", no more searching. Still though, I felt like I got socked in the stomach.

I also learned that the fluid around her heart won't go away on its own so they are probably going to have to drain it tomorrow. They are going to do another sonogram in the morning just to be sure. This is a risky procedure because they are going to be going through her lung infection to get to her heart. It is an easy procedure, just very risky for her...they do it right there in her room.

On top of having pneumonia, she also had a cold.

Although her vitals are better today the other news mentioned above really got to me. It didn't help that she was restless all day. She acted like she had something very important to tell me and she kept clawing at her throat etc. I asked her a million "yes or no" questions to find out what she wanted and I got nowhere. We were both very frustrated. Her nurse finally tied her hands down. After 7 hours of that I had to come home...I am emotionally drained. I ran from side to side of her swinging robotic bed to help the nurse keep her hands away from her ventilator tube and to talk to her. I feel so helpless. Her medication wasn't doing much good today...they say that happens, it is just the way her body decides to metabolize the meds. It can change on any given day. Hopefully she will sleep well tonight, she needs to be fully rested for tomorrow's predicted procedure.

My neighbor brought over a nice hot plate of dinner. Thin cut marinated, grilled to perfection flank steak, steamed veggies and a baked potato from her garden. It was the best meal I've had in a week. I ate it like a field hand and washed it down with a much needed ice cold beer.

Keep her in your thoughts tomorrow.
Love, Sally