Gravel Driveway Weedkiller?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Since I haven't found my Jerry Baker book yet (lol) and I have contradictory information on the web, asking for thoughts on safely and organicly killing off the green stuff in the gravel driveway. I would prefer to avoid stuff like Roundup

I used to use a hot vinegar and salt solution for the joints in my concrete driveway, but I am seeing posts that claim it doesn't work on established weeds.

Too much area to pull up the weeds, and I am concerned it may to greatly disturb the packed nature of the drive

I have done a bit of web surfing on this topic already, what I would like to ask, does anyone have a sure thing that had worked for them.

If I have time, I may post some pictures of what I need to address.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Torch followed by a box blade is common practice around here. Once you initially burn, then scrape the weeds out. It's just regular scheduled maintenance with a box blade to keep the driveway smooth, rut and weed free.

Tractor-Box-Blade-For-Land-Clearing-1024x576.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
scrape in the morning when forecast is for hot and dry. that usually will do in most weeds. if you don't want to actuall disturb the area strong vinegar may be a reasonable attempt, but i'd expect the bigger weeds to need something else.