Hello from Lincolnshire, UK

Mark Daymond

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hello! I wonder if I am the only Brit here?? We have about an acre, grow our own fruit and veg, keep chickens and have a couple of goats. We also have 3 dogs and 6 cats. We have kept geese and ducks in the past. Looking forward to picking up some new tips and ideas, as well as sharing some of my own.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
There is someone from the UK, but forget who.
A lot of people here use a nick name, but like you, I go by my actual name. Not sure if its good or bad, but hasn't hurt me yet to my knowledge.
Welcome to SS. Make yourself at home. Sounds like a respectable enough amount of farming activities for a small farm. I guess you do choose things for your space though. I don't have much more room on my place, but I can keep myself very busy.
You are right. This is a good place to pick up tips.
Many times I have had a problem and I throw it out there for everyone's consideration, then get busy with initial preparations and come back to see what everyone thinks I should do.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hello! What part of Britain are you from? I've never been to England; would love to visit some day.
Do you grow broad beans? I discovered them only a couple of years ago but I'm hooked.