Herbal Studies

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So a close family member of mine, who was never really a heavy smoker, but still a smoker, all the same came to my house today and questioned me on my cigarette making. Apparently DS gave her a few of my different combinations and she liked them. She decided on 100% herbal, tobacco free cigs. She said, sometimes she just likes to smoke, to calm her nerves and her common sense told her that if she was smoking a cigarette that might actually help her with something, rather than hurt her, why wouldn't she do it?. Well, I don't guess she is a typical smoker, but I'm happy.
I found some herbs to help prevent miscarriage.....black haw, maca, false unicorn root and cramp bark. I was going to order some of these, but I happened to find a tincture which included all of these herbs, already prepared, so I ordered it. My godchild told me she had an appointment scheduled Thurs and her first visit would cost her $1,000. I couldn't believe it. She told me that the insurance she had didn't cover maternity, so she was going to see if she could apply for medicaid. I don't get it. Something about the Affordable Healthcare Act seems to be a contradiction in terms here. I told her not to go to her appointment....cancel it and we would take care of her herbally and that I had miscarried twice and that was with having access to doctors and they used to say that its just natures was of doing away with a weak child, etc....but that we weren't even told anything was wrong with her, so I fixed her a cup of chamomile tea and we talked about the future. She will apply for other assistance and get her medical care when it won't cost her a month's salary. I'd understand $1,000 for the whole 9 month's care, to pay what the insurance won't....assuming she gets covered, but not $1,000 on her first visit.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I was reading your posts and I just wanted to mention that those rose petals you dried are probably from commercial roses and have a good chance of being contaminated with pesticide/insecticide residues. Using them in herbal cigs may not be a good idea. I think I read that 90% of the commercial roses sold in the US are from South America and you rally don't know what they treat them with.

I have been reading this thread for a while and really appreciate the information that you are sharing with us. Is there a herbal/medicinal reason for the rose petals or is it just for a flavor enhancement.